.bomb website change

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by harry0233, Feb 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. harry0233
    Original Member

harry0233 Silver Member

Status Points:
    has anyone seen new ads on .bomb? I dislike this new change[​IMG]. UA ads are one of the best in the industry, to me they are ad masterpieces. These new ads are not UA style. I want it back[​IMG]

2. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
  3. harry0233
    Original Member

harry0233 Silver Member

Status Points:
  4. rggale
    Original Member

rggale Gold Member

Status Points:
    Looks like they are using the same stock photo on UA.bomb and CO.bomb (lol) for the Florida "deal". I will agree it is a crappy looking ad. Looks crappier on UA's site than on CO's.

harry0233 likes this.
  5. Misplaced Texan
    Original Member

Misplaced Texan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, it looks like the art and campaign developed for United by Pentagram are a thing of the past. That's too bad as I thought it was one of the slickest campaigns in the travel world.

But, when the new UA adopted the CO brand standard in other areas I think it became pretty clear that they didn't see any value in paying any premium at all for branding or creative.

Heck if I know whether they are right or wrong, but that seems to be their position and I'd expect all of the excellent Pentagram imagery to go away over the next several months.

From a personal perspective I think this is a shame because I loved the Pentagram creative and think the existing Continental creative is meh...but I have no clue as to whether one or the other produces more value for the airline or whether it doesn't matter at all.

JLSocks and harry0233 like this.
  6. harry0233
    Original Member

harry0233 Silver Member

Status Points:
    They are the best ads I have ever seen. Gosh I miss them!
    One of the reason I'm loyalty with UA is because of the ads. I love them so much. They make my day easier. oh well...

7. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think the CO ads in the last few years have been witty and entertaining. They certainly stand out. I have n:) idea what they'll be using going forward.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WaterSki likes this.
  8. harry0233
    Original Member

harry0233 Silver Member

Status Points:
    .bomb website has changed to the new logo. I am totally shocked. granted it will happen sooner or later but it didn't reduce the "suckness"[​IMG]

9. EWR764
    Original Member

EWR764 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You're right, the website still sucks. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hartmann and harry0233 like this.
  10. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    The logo on the front page looks absolutely squashed. Someone needs to have that changed

11. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ha, you're right! I didn't notice that before.

While the CO ads are witty, not unique like the UA ads. In fact, not too different from the approach some of the LCC's take with their ads - witty, clever, and poking fun at competitors.

12. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    united.com is not working well after all these changes in Google Chrome... Was booking a ticket today and the price is the same for all flights after I do the search, but they are not, so when I hit next I get an error. Works in IE though..

13. Always Be Flying
    Original Member

Always Be Flying Silver Member

Status Points:
    hence the useful moniker .bomb - it is a bit worrisome that during the merger the areas where CO was better than UA are being dropped in favor of, well, a .bombish experience.

14. Jubileesmom
    Original Member

Jubileesmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    Guess maybe they were so busy making these changes that they broke it as well. Couldn't print out boarding passes yesterday and the day before at least for connecting flights. Said there was a bug in the system. Umm, ya[​IMG]

15. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree with other posters that UA ads were always a work of art. I really hope they don't get rid of them.