.bomb not showing Upgrade: Pending or Waitlisted

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Seacarl, May 10, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have an itinerary bought on co.com with CO flight numbers but operated on UA metal, and using my UA 1K#. I have been able to view the itinerary on united.com all along, and it showed Upgrade: Pending on all the UA-operated segments.

As the 100-hour mark passed, weird things happened. I was not upgraded on either of the first two segments, and it still said Upgrade: Pending. Normally at 100 hours it switches to Upgrade: Waitlisted. My wife, who is also 1K and had the same flights but on a separate PNR was upgraded on both flights. I called reservations and she thought maybe it was using my CO OP #, so she re-entered my 1K#. The second flight was upgraded almost right away, but the first flight wasn't. I did an award search, and it showes NF3 XF3, so I called back and they agreed and put me into F.

Now the 3rd flight on the itinerary, also UA metal with a CO flight#, which is well past the 100 hour mark, doesn't show "Upgrade" at all on .bomb. The res agent said I was on the waitlist. Normally .bomb should show that. The flight is on a 757 that yesterday was F9 NF0 XF0, today it shows F8 NF0 XF0.

Does anyone have any insights or suggestions for how to check whether I'm truly on the list for UDU as the res system passes out those last 8 seats. Of course this is the transcon segment.

By the way, my wife who got automatically upgraded on the first two segments, also does not show the Upgrade request for the 3rd segment. And when looking at the reservation on co.com, it doesn't show our current F seats on the first two segments, so the new co.com doesn't seem to stay updated with changes on united.com, even though I was originally able to assign seats via co.com. It is all rather confusing.

2. Cuse44
    Original Member

Cuse44 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had a similar issue that just happened a few weeks ago. At the 120 hr mark for GS, F was completely sold out. The flight was a CO codeshare. Once the window passed, the Upgrade: Pending changed to nothing, not even a Upgrade: Waitlisted. Concerned, I called into the GS desk and the lady assured me I was on the waitlist. Still concerned, I called back and got a knowledgeable agent who said that since the flight shows up as a CO Codeshare, you can't waitlist for that flight since its not a UA flight number. But she assured me that I was on the waitlist for the UA Flight # (which won't show up in my record online since the original flight was a CO flight #). In the end, I appeared #2 on the DM list and ultimately cleared the upgrade due to a couple of misconnects.

3. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm having this same problem now-CO codeshare on UA-Upgrade: Pending changes to nothing. 1K desk assured me I'm waitlisted--I guess it'll be an issue of trust now. lol

4. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wait---you can't waitlist?? So does this mean all of my CO.com booked UA flights will have to be upgraded at the gate? That doesn't seem right or fair

5. Cuse44
    Original Member

Cuse44 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You will not see waitlisted for the CO flight number in your record. You are however waitlisted for the UA flight #. This just doesn't show in your record because your flight number is a CO flight number.

Hope this helps.

6. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks- it does. Have you ever experienced this and cleared prior to the gate? I had this issue once before and only cleared at the gate. So i guess the only concern is "am i really waitlisted" lol

7. Cuse44
    Original Member

Cuse44 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have cleared once in advance where the Upgrade Request went from Pending to nothing. The example above where I cleared at the gate I was automatically added to the DM list (I didn't have to ask an agent to add me to the DM list.)

8. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    OK. once is better than none right? =) Thanks. I'll report back on how it goes. I can't wait until integration

9. demkr
    Original Member

demkr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, many folks at FT are saying that its "Airport only." Is there a UA rep on here I can ask about this? If this is true, it's terribly unfair to CO elites.