BOM Lounge. Available upon arrival (BE)?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Pharaoh, Feb 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Pharaoh
    Original Member

Pharaoh Gold Member

Status Points:
    Subject pretty much says it all. We have a 6 hour layover in BOM after flying in on AF in Business and hope we can get a somewhat quieter area than a gate lounge.

Anyone know if we are allowed in?

2. DisneyDude
    Original Member

DisneyDude Active Member

Status Points:
    You may find that the lounge closes after the outbound flight is loading.

3. gujjuglobal
    Original Member

gujjuglobal Active Member

Status Points:
    The AF lounge is contracted lounge, not much to offer in terms of food or ambience. It is however a little further away from the Gates.

4. Pharaoh
    Original Member

Pharaoh Gold Member

Status Points:
    Checked that: it's open 24/7 to serve many airlines.
    Yes, and it also is small. But I understand that after a major group of flights leaves around 02.00 it quiets down. I estimate we would only be there from about 01.00 until 07.00 (hence the worthlessness of getting a hotel room).

5. secretsea18
    Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It was open when I went over there in 2008, but there were no services available. And the chairs were like dining table style chairs... not sleepable.

At least the lights were turned down low.

Pharaoh likes this.
  6. Pharaoh
    Original Member

Pharaoh Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think we just will want to get out of the main concourse and, by that time, will be able to sleep in anything!

7. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think Jetairways operates the Lounge. If you can get in, you may prefer the J area (no smoking). In the "F" section, which has a staffed bar and F section in the back, smoking is allowed.

FWIW, at least when I was there, the Duty Free was pathetic. Plan on bringing gifts in your luggage.

Dave

8. Pharaoh
    Original Member

Pharaoh Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ok. Am sitting in the BOM lounge waiting for my AF flight and here is the definitive skinny.

There are two contracted lounges used by AF and DL, the Clipper Lounge near gate 14, and the Celebrations Lounge near gate 3. Both are open 24 hours.

Three weeks ago when we arrived we were allowed to use the Clipper from the midnight arrival until our 8AM connection (we are flying business class). I dont know about DL but the AF flight used gate 14. That lounge is comfortable and has decent food all night. There are no showers. Seating is not all that comfortable but way in the back there are 9 barco lounger type seats which are good for sleeping. The lounge emptied out around two in the morning.

Tonight the AF flight is out of gate 2A and we are in the Celebrations Lounge. Food is less choice, but a bit better quality. Seating is all big overstuffed chairs and love seats, very comfortable and very slouchable for sleeping. Very few people in here tonight. Lots of outlets for charging at your seat. One shower in the gents but none in the ladies.

9. Davescj
    Original Member

Davescj Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you can sneak your way into the JETAirways lounge, I think it is a bit better. It is used by BA as a contract lounge. There is a "contract" section and a regular lounge section. If you're a smoker, you should be able to smoke in the regular area (or you could when I was there).