Bologna, Italy - where to stay? With points?

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by davythefatboy, Mar 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. davythefatboy

davythefatboy Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm looking for a great hotel in Bologna that I can book with points. StarWood and Hilton have nothing decent there. Any suggestions, either on great hotels or on ways to book them with points?

thanks

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you want to be in the centre- Grand Hotel Majestic - gia Baglioni is an LHW hotel, and if you have a free night certificate from the Leaders Club you can use it there. The alternative would be to use priority club points I suppose? Not a lot of chain options in Bologna- particularly the centre.

3. travelingmore
    Original Member

travelingmore Gold Member

Status Points:
  4. Hi
    Don't know if you still need this info but you could try any of the Best Western Hotels - the San Donato is the most upscale but there's also the Maggiore and the City Hotel.

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    In the past, I've stayed in and loved the Baglioni, but be award that most of their rooms have showers only and not bathtubs. It's in a great location in the very center, near good shopping, restaurants, and historic buildings/museums. There are few other hotels that are really in the center.

TRAVELSIG likes this.