Boca is lacking hotel selection

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by zshanlon, Mar 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. zshanlon

zshanlon Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ive got 2 days in Boca the end of this week and I can't find anything besides low end hotels (Hamptons, Holiday Inn, Springhill Suites)... Is Ft. Lauderdale a bad drive?

2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    In Boca there is the Boca Beach Club which is a Waldorf Astoria resort which is part of Hilton.
    Lauderdale isn't such a bad drive, it's about 20 minutes to the W Hotel Ft. Lauderdale from the Boca Beach Cub if you are looking for that type of hotel.

zshanlon and jmrich1432 like this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    jmrich1432 likes this.
  4. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are many "higher-end" properties in Boca than the ones you mentioned. The Hilton Deerfield is one/two exits south on 95 (5 mins to Glades Rd) it is nicely renovated and has a great lounge. There is a Marriott off of Glades and a Renaissance, neither of which I have stayed in. The Embassy Suites on Yamato is nicer than the Hampton and is fairly priced. I've stayed at the WA Boca Raton Resort. It is very nice, though not an ideal location (A1A is slow).

Are you going for business or pleasure? I frequent Boca for business (and Ft. Laudy for family) and I would not recommend staying in Ft. Laudy if you need to take 95 during rush hour. It is not a terrible drive, unless you have somewhere you HAVE to be at a specific time. Note that the drive can vary GREATLY depending on where you are going to/from in Ft. Lauderdale and Boca. It's pretty easy from FLL because it's all interstate. From the W, Lauderdale Beach, it's going to take you about 15 mins just to get to 95, and another 15-20 (if there's no traffic) to get to the Glades exit.

There is certainly a larger, "high-end" selection in Ft. Lauderdale. Just depends on where you have to be and when.

5. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Breakers????

jmrich1432 likes this.
  6. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Breakers is in Palm Beach not Boca and highly overrated IMHO.

I have family in Boca and usually stay at the Renaissance, the staff has always been VERY friendly there. It's not a GREAT hotel, but it's fine with free wifi for everyone, free parking, and they give Marriott Golds free breakfast coupons on weekends when the lounge is closed even on Priceline stays.

I stay there because it's a matter of (long) blocks over to my family, and because there's no SPG or Hyatt option close by. Sadly on my next visit I'll be at the Hyatt Pier 66 in Ft Lauderdale, a hotel I do not like at all, but my family visiting from Australia will be staying there :(

zshanlon, jmrich1432 and Bonnie like this.
  7. Bonnie
    Original Member

Bonnie Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you need to be on the east side of Boca, keep in mind that the RC, in Manalapan, is only about 12 miles north of Boca on A1A.