BoB using points..

Discussion in 'SAS | EuroBonus' started by Captainfire, Oct 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Captainfire
    Original Member

Captainfire Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. SASDC8

SASDC8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    No freaking way!! It had to be one hell of a GT (or my 10th.) for me go for that offer :cool:

At lest the prices are down from their presentation at ARN...

Flyer1976 and OY-JFS like this.
  3. BGO-commuter
    Original Member

BGO-commuter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, the prices for shopping isn't as extreme as I thought they would be. That said, I don't see a situation where I'd ever purchase anything for points, but it's a good offer for people who wants to clear out their account.

SASDC8 likes this.
  4. Captainfire
    Original Member

Captainfire Silver Member

Status Points:

Apparently there has been requests for this for quite sometime from one segment of customers. Also a pretty cheap way for EB getting rid of some of their 'debt'

But basically i could be on SK945 in M downing my 6th G&T, and i've already payed my way into Y.

Flyer1976, OY-JFS and SASDC8 like this.
  5. view
    Original Member

view Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree, can't see myself using points for this at all. Compared to upgrades or discounted awards this is poor value in my eyes. But if there is demand, it's nice both for those customers and SK.

SASDC8 likes this.
  6. HelsinkiFlyer

HelsinkiFlyer Active Member

Status Points:
    This is how they value EB-points? Most likely. I´ll keep mine to travel last minute intra-Nordic or for point breaks. If I need beer in the sky, I´d rather pay cash for it.

7. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will support much of what have been said about the pricing. But I do not think that any of us "in here" is the targetted segment. But those who once or twice per year uses SK and only have a limited amount of points will use up their accounts on BoB. So I think as Captainfire says that it is a good way for SK to get rid of some points.

/HerrO

Fredrik, SASDC8 and Someone like this.
  8. SASDC8

SASDC8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree with you there HerrO. The target group is either those with almost no points at all, or those with so many points that they don`t know what to do with them.

I discussed this with at dead heading crew member on 4122 today, and she was rather surprised about the price level. At 1100 points or 45 NOK for a Carlsberg, my choice will always be obvious ;)

9. BGO-commuter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    A few days ago I saw a BOB-purchase with EB-Points for the first time. During the purchase the the crew actually asked several times if he really wanted to charge it to his EB-account and not a credit card. They seemed just as puzzled as me!

Weird thing is that I didn't see them charge a CC in addition as stated in the information. Don't know if they forgot or if it's a change in policy since the launch. Anyway, I hope he enjoyed his expensive beer.

SASDC8 likes this.
  10. SASDC8

SASDC8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Would you put this guy in the "got so many points I don`t care" or the "got just enough points for a beer" group? I talked to the purser the other day on SK 4572 and he had yet to sell anything for points...

11. BGO-commuter
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Sorry for the late reply! This was a "enough points" kinda guy... Should also be said that this is the first and only EB-point purchase I've seen.

12. HerrO
    Original Member

HerrO Silver Member

Status Points:
    Was at my favorite seat (8F - emergency exit) on my way home from Lyon and during the BoB service the guy next to me bought a coke plus sandwich for bonus point. This was the first time I experienced this and could not avoid asking him about "why the devil he is spending valuable points for this". He said he had around 200K points and this was a way using it. When I heard this I almost fall off the seat even though it was a window seat.... I told him that for this amount he could get a first class award to USA/Asia and still have points left on the account afterwards. He did not know this so here is where I was starting to wonder. How many of this EB member is out there and if there is many the I suddenly starts to see what a good business case SAS have for getting some of these points written of for a bargain.

The guy would now go have a look at the web page for awards with LH :)

Otherwise the flight from LYS-CPH was quite normal. The stewardess did help me with a non SK blanket as this Cimber CRJ200 did not have any normal one on board. Thanks for this which made the flight home much better that Thursday evening. Going again on Monday - Giddy up :)

/HerrO

13. Someone
    Original Member

Someone Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think that number can be quite large, condiser how many member EB has that either doesn't know or doesn't care

Flyer1976 likes this.