BoardingArea Still Down?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by UA191, Mar 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. UA191

UA191 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I know BoardingArea switched servers over the weekend, but the main page seems to still be down. All of the blogs are up & running, but do we know why the homepage displays this...

[​IMG]

Is this happening to everyone?
    I miss BoardingArea!

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Interesting -- individual blog pages seem up (mine can be reached at www.viewfromthewing.com) but the main boardingarea page does indeed appear down.

3. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is up for me right now.

4. Richard1148

Richard1148 Active Member

Status Points:
    I still get the "Technical Difficulties" message for your blog through both boardingarea and viewfromthewing.com. I can get to any other boardingarea blogs though. Is your blog up and running?

5. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Yes it is

6. Bill.D

Bill.D Active Member

Status Points:
    This is probably the wonderful world of the Internet, DNS, & Caching. Make sure to clear your browsers Cache and then Close & reopen your browser.
    If that doesn't work then your providers DNS is probably really slow to pick up new DNS locations :-\ You can try using a OpenDNS. For that you just copy there IP and place in your systems DNS settings.. They are pretty fast IMO.

7. Richard1148

Status Points:
    Not being that tech savy, I just tried a different browser (IE instead of Chrome) and it worked fine. Later I'll try to figure out how to do what you suggested. Thanks.

8. Bill.D

Bill.D Active Member

Status Points:
    Here is a Link to OpenDNS's Directions.. I think they are pretty easy :)

NOTE*** most people probably don't need this.. In fact some providers actually use them and just redirect with a different IP. But if your provider does have a horrible DNS then this would remedy the situation :)

9. Richard1148

Status Points:
    Actually I didn't need to do this. Clearing the cache and closing/reopening Chrome took care of the problem. Thanks again.