Boarding Priority for BA Elites

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Nov 15, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    So today I flew my first AS trip in many years (good experience). The GA boarding announcement included a reference to partner airline elites. Is there a formal definition for that? I happen to have Bronze status on BA; would that have counted? (it really didn't matter in this case since I didn't have a lot of stuff to carry on, but it might in the future)

2. Sammich

Sammich Gold Member

Status Points:
    AS would be referring to DL and AA. Where their elite members get priority seating and boarding.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  3. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    And recently they've been announcing just the AA elites --- I think the DL elites have been delisted from priority boarding announcments.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually, on a subsequent trip the GA was more explicit and listed both AA and DL elite levels by name.

Interestingly, she also prioritized passengers wearing an NFL (?) team jersey (I didn't quite get the exact criteria since -- as a kettle -- I wasn't really paying attention).

5. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    AS has been snuggling up to the Seahawks --- the NFL team in Seattle. If you're wearing a Russell Wilson jersey (their Chief Football Officer) you can board before many of the coach passengers.

In my last 10 flights, I've only heard AA references --- no DL elite references at all for priority boarding.

6. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Had a bunch of SeaHawk officals on my SEA-LAX flight last Thursday though the boarding announcement did not prioritize them.

7. VNAFlyer

VNAFlyer Member

Status Points:
    There's a specific policy on allowing anyone wearing a Russell Wilson (No. 3) jersey to board early at SEA. A strict reading of the policy doesn't extend it to other jerseys nor other airports. But I'm sure agents ad lib all the time.

Google "Chief Football Officer"

FYI - DL is the official airline of the Seahawks, but Russell is sponsored by AS as an individual (which is why AS is very careful to not explicitly associate themselves with the Seahawks... no team logos, nicknames, fonts, etc.).