Boarding pass for same day return flight

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Infinite1K, Oct 30, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    It looks like you can't get your return boarding pass for a flight until you fly the outbound leg first.

What happens if you are doing a quick turnaround and only have < 60 minutes? Are you at risk of loosing your seat/upgrade?

2. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    They can print it out at the Airport, so I would suggest you do that... However for Online Check In on UA.COM You can try checking in for additional legs if it gives you the option to do so... on CO.COM it will offer you the option to automatically check- in for the return segment and you can just print the BPs at the Airport.

Infinite1K likes this.
  3. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've never had a problem printing out boarding passes at the airport kiosk or using my phone. Personally, I prefer either to a whole sheet of paper for each segment.

There's no risk to losing a UDU as long as you've checked in - which is separate from getting a boarding pass.

Infinite1K likes this.
  4. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you talking about UA or CO?

If UA, you have been able to check-in for a return flight on-line at t-24 for the return leg and print to a printer, print to a PDF or send to a mobile device for a couple of years now-and I just did it earlier today (Sunday) for my same day m/r SFO-JFK-SFO on Monday.

If checking in on-line, once you have checked in for the first flight and it is now at t-24 for the return leg, look for a link that says "view additional flights" near the top of the page and clicking that takes you to check-in for that leg (and it will check you in for all return legs at t-24 for return leg number 1)

If you don't have access to a printer you can send the BP to a mobile device and if you want a hard copy, see an agent at your outbound airport and ask them to re-print your BP (and you must see an agent as a chicken won't do it for the return flight-tho you can do it at a chicken at your turnaround airport)

Also-iirc, check-in time is one of the tie breakers so doing OLCI at t-24 helps

Infinite1K and Flyer1976 like this.
  5. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the suggestions.

The flights were UA on UA metal and I was using both United.com as well as their mobile app.

Per the suggestions when I went to the website and looked closely I found the "other flights" link and was able to checkin and get a boarding pass emailed to me.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  6. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    Really? I've never had a problem using a check-in kiosk to print both my outbound and return boarding passes at the same time. It usually does it automatically since I'm within the 24 check-in time and they're on the same PNR. But then most of my MRs this year have been on CO, so this could be a systems difference between them (although I just did this on Friday for a CO flight at a UA kiosk).

7. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Now I'm stumped as I've never been able to do it at a chicken :confused:

Scottrick likes this.
  8. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    When you fly often enough, there's a risk you'll go a little bird-brained. That can help with the language barrier. :p

goalie likes this.