Boarding order on CO - back to front?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by gobluetwo, Dec 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Boarding a flight this morning and got there a little late from the lounge. By the time my wife and I got there, they had just started general boarding. However, there were no boarding zones. Rather, they were boarding back to front. They started something like rows 30 and higher; then 25 and higher. After we boarded, she called for 20 and higher. This was legacy CO metal (738) out of ORD. Admittedly, I'm not normally around for general boarding, but is this how CO typically boards? I thought they were harmonized with UA's process?

As an aside, I was upgraded and my wife (on an award) was not. So yes, I did give the F seat to my wife. Luckily, i was the one person in coach with a completely empty row, so plenty of space to spread out. Also, saw the preview for Alcatraz - definitely a show I'm interested in watching!

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  2. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, for now.

On this issue, not yet. But that is coming in 2012.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  3. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    So there will be boarding by zones in the future?

4. ssullivan
    Original Member

ssullivan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, as announced in late May/early June.

5. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess I missed it.

6. Blue Skye
    Original Member

Blue Skye Silver Member

Status Points:
    saw most of the Pilot at Comic Con this year. was a pretty cool premise, then they toss in Jorge Garcia and Sam Neil. will be watching to see how it all turns out. (that said, i did see some other cool shows that have lost me over their run, so who knows if this one will hold up or not. LOL!)

ahem, on topic: my last flight on CO was last month and they did it the front to back way. interesting how things switch up in a seemingly random way. as long as i have a seat and a place to store my computer case, i am good. :)

7. mauld

mauld Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't flown UA in quite a while, what do you mean by Zones? Wouldn't a zone be "rows 30 and higher" etc ??? If you board by "windows" etc first, wouldn't that split up travellers who sit together ?

8. 2wheels

2wheels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Zone 2= windows
    Zone 3= middle
    Zone 4= aisles

If you have a group with multiple zones, board with the lowest one.

hulagrrl210, AZjohn and TAHKUCT like this.