Board Room in SEA looking tired?

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by Stephan, Oct 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is it just me or is the place just looking tired now? I mean it is nice enough, but a little investment in new furniture would go a long way, no? Are the others looking this bad?

2. seaflyguy
    Original Member

seaflyguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Spend a couple of hours in the SFO BR and you'll be pining for SEA. Pining, I say.

3. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, and no. Sometimes in SEA you'll be pining for a seat, or a cup of soup after a line of chanchos sucios fill up the to-go coffee cups with soup (despite the sign asking not to do this), or pining for a few moments of tranquility when Mr/Ms DWKWIA has that most important telephone call requiring pacing the length of the room at elevated volume, because the call is really, really important. I'll take a quiet moment @ SFO over that any day.

4. Stephan

Stephan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hahaha...yes I have had similar experiences! SOOO important and SOOO annoying! They really need to clamp down on this..the rest of us don't care about your stupid client stories!:rolleyes:

5. seaflyguy
    Original Member

seaflyguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Absolutely that kind of thing happens, but when you walk into the SFO BR and it's full, that's it. Time to go wait at the gate. There are two floors and enough nooks and crannies at the SEA BR that I've always been able to find a place there. Though from my standpoint, this is all moot, since I'm giving up my BR membership shortly. I can't justify it anymore. Chip * 3 and all that.

6. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    My beef is it's just too small for the # of people in there at peak times. My other beef is that the agents can't handle ticketing issues. But I do still like the pancake machine.

7. mbluecpa

mbluecpa Active Member

Status Points:
    I do find the SEA BR crowded at times, though not generally in the early mornings when I'm most often there. As to tired, I wouldn't say that about SEA; PDX has that category won hands down. Furnishings are a couple of years beyond needing replacement. That said, I'll put up with the ratty furniture for it rarely being crowded and having outstanding staff.

8. georockc

georockc Silver Member

Status Points:
    it may be crowded, but they have Pyramid Snow cap on tap,and I can't complain about that.