BluePass: 3 months of unlimited travel ex-BOS/LGB

Discussion in 'JetBlue | TrueBlue' started by Wandering Aramean, Jul 28, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    JetBlue announced today BluePass, a program targeting business travelers in Boston or Long Beach with unlimited travel for 90 days. There are three passes - LGB Limited, BOS Limited and BOS All - at three different price points and with different sets of airports that can be flown to. The passes require that all tickets be to or from the "base" city; open jaws, circle trips and multi-destination itineraries are prohibited.

The pass includes last seat availability and requires only 90 minutes advance reservation for flights or changes. Prices range from $1299-1999, depending on the pass.

This certainly isn't AYCJ but if you happen to live in Boston it is darn close.

I just have to figure out if I can handle the commuting to BOS to make it work for me. :cool:

More details here and here.

Limited destinations for LGB are: LAS, OAK, SFO, SMF, SLC, PDX, SEA, AUS and ORD.

Limited destinations for BOS are: JFK, EWR, BWI, BUF, DCA, IAD, RIC, PIT, RDU, CLT, ORD, BDA, and JAX.

2. jcarlo

jcarlo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just saw this too! Not really 'only for Bostonians'. The way I see it, coming from NYC, you just have to book flights that has a stopover at BOS. Amirite? I have not taken a look at the whole rules page but this seems to be a loophole for non-Bostonians like me.

3. nik140

nik140 Active Member

Status Points:
    I am evaluating whether Boston Select deal will be good for me or not or should i be considering the Boston All.
    As I understand this offer means that you need to have a flight that originates from Boston or to Boston.. Correct me if i am wrong.

4. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    "Limitation of only one trip per day." Is this a misinterpretation of the T&Cs that say, "Booking multiple flights departing from the same city on the same day is prohibited"?

One trip per day would mean that you can't book CLT-BOS and BOS-BUF in the same day. This prevents using BOS as just a same-day connecting point (unless purchasing the additional segments separately). But the T&Cs lead me to believe that you can depart CLT to BOS and then depart BOS to another city in the same day.

From the T&Cs:
    Each BluePass is eligible for TrueBlue points—customers who purchase the Boston All BluePass will receive 12,000 TrueBlue points. Customers who purchase the Boston Select BluePass will receive 9,000 TrueBlue points. Customers who purchase the Long Beach Select BluePass will receive 8,000 TrueBlue points.​

5. Ktremor

Ktremor Silver Member

Status Points:
    Boston to Bermuda a couple of time in late summer, early fall would be nice as long as the hurricanes stay away.

6. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if other airlines might drop some BOS departing fares in reaction to this pass.

7. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    This wasn't possible with AYCJ when I did it, but this might be different. My guess is that you won't be allowed to do it, and even if you could, you won't be able to find that many flights that originate in JFK, stop over in BOS then go where you want to go.

You could book another flight -- whether with JetBlue or someone else -- to get to Boston and launch from there, but at the end of the day that will add to your overall cost. The appeal of $2k for "all you can eat" flying for 3 months is that you're going to try to fly as much as humanly possible, and if you're looking at having to drop another $75-100 to get to Boston, that could get pricey.

8. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
  9. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
  10. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    They pulled it early. I was considering buying it this morning (within 48 hours of the original "its back" announcement) but it was gone when I logged in. Probably for the best for me, but I'm still a bit upset about missing it.