Bluebird Raises Daily Load Limit to $2500 from $1000

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 2, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I just learned from Frequent Miler that Bluebird has changed its terms and conditions yesterday to increase the daily load limit. Up until now, it has always been $1000 a day and $5000 a month. However, as of yesterday, the limits have changed to $2500 a day and $5000 a month. Frequent Miler’s post and comments have a good discussion on the topic, including what’s happening with the Serve card as well.

Bluebird can be loaded either with Vanilla Reload cards or with prepaid gift cards at Walmart registers and Walmart Moneycenter ATMs. For full instructions on how to load at Walmart, you can read: How to Load Bluebird With Prepaid Debit Cards at Walmart.

Vanilla Reloads

Vanilla Reloads have become cash-only at CVS since the beginning of April. However, a few people have been able to find them at gas stations or local grocery stores. While I have not found any myself in my area and don’t know which gas stations or supermarkets these are, it makes sense to keep an eye out for opportunities.

Loading at Walmart

For the rest of us for whom Vanilla Reloads are no longer an option, prepaid Visa and MasterCard gift cards would still be the way to go. The increased limit definitely makes the Walmart visit far more efficient, lowering it to twice a month to load the full $5000. While Vanilla branded prepaid Visa gift cards sold at CVS and many drugstores no longer work to load Bluebird at Walmart, there are still a few options left:

• Visa prepaid gift cards purchased at Staples/OfficeDepot/OfficeMax ($6.95 fee for $200)
    • Non-vanilla Visa prepaid gift cards purchased at grocery stores or gas stations ($5.95 fee for $500)
    • Simon Mall prepaid gift cards ($2.95 fee for $500)

The terms and conditions for Bluebird still state that the maximum load at a Walmart register is $1999.99, although that’s always been the case due to the Walmart compliance limit. I haven’t tried this out myself yet, but I suspect you should be able to load up to $2500 if you just go to two different registers.

There are a few credit cards that provide a grocery store or gas category bonus and the Chase Ink Bold provides a category bonus for shopping at office supply stores. As far as I know, there are no credit cards earning a category bonus for Simon Mall prepaid gift cards.

The Miles Professor – Taking miles and points to the limit!

The post Bluebird Raises Daily Load Limit to $2500 from $1000 appeared first on BoardingArea.

The post Bluebird Raises Daily Load Limit to $2500 from $1000 appeared first on Prior2Boarding.

The post Bluebird Raises Daily Load Limit to $2500 from $1000 appeared first on BoardingArea.

Continue reading...