Bluebird - New Rules - Only 1 Debit Card Linked To Acct

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by garyst16, Oct 18, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. garyst16
    Original Member

garyst16 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Received the below email minutes ago from Bluebird - based on this email and others I have read recently on this board, it appears they are cracking down... let's hope they don't push too far...

Hello Garyst16,

We would like to inform you about a change to your Bluebird Account effective November 12, 2013.

For added security, you will no longer be able to link 4 debit cards to your Account and instead will only be able to link 1 debit card. As a reminder, the debit card must be in your name to successfully link to your Bluebird Account.

And don't forget, you can add money to your Account with a debit card at Walmart for free.

Should you have any questions about this change, you can contact a Bluebird Customer Care Professional at 1-877-486-5990.
    Thank you for your Membership,
    The Bluebird Team

SuperKirby and Gargoyle like this.
  2. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    No big deal to me, how many debit cards linked does one need?

Still a great product IMO.

SuperKirby likes this.
  3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah they implemented this with the Serve cards a few weeks back... only one funding source per type, so you could have one bank account, one debit and one credit, and that's it.

SuperKirby likes this.
  4. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Gold Member

Status Points:
    Big deal for me though. I have two debit cards linked to BB. Now I have to open another BB account for my "mom", and with the debit card I had, now I have to open up another debit card in her name so they match.

viguera likes this.
  5. arshavin

arshavin Silver Member

Status Points:
    It was just a matter of time, so never bothered to have more than one BB account.