BLAH Airlines Trip Report: EWR-SFO Middle Class

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by MileWriter, Oct 18, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. MileWriter

MileWriter Member

Status Points:
    With the airline industry becoming increasingly consolidated over the years, travel options for fliers are few and far between. Lucky for us, BLAH Airlines remains one choice for your air travel, serving a variety of places with airports.

As a miles & points travel blogger, I love to show off what it’s like to fly in the better part of the plane. BLAH is currently the only airline in the world testing a revolutionary 3-class product, and I recently had a chance to be on-board one of the thousands of flights that take-off AND land every single day.

Instead of resorting to tacky naming conventions like BusinessElite® or “World Business Class,” BLAH’s products speak for themselves. On BLAH, you fly Aisle, Middle, or Window.

For this flight, I settled into one of the most exclusive Middle seats:
    [​IMG]
    (My view from BLAH Middle Class.)

This inaugural EWR-SFO flight was on a specially-configured and rarely-cleaned Boeing 7000-SUP. I’m pretty sure there were only 500 Middle seats on the entire aircraft!

I’ve flown BLAH many times before, and here are some of the amenities I’ve come to expect when flying BLAH Middle:
    • Drinks, Sodas, and other Liquids.
    • Complimentary peanuts—free.
    • Windows on every plane.
    • Reading light for your convenience.
    • Rear-mounted magazine pouches.
    • Ice available on selected routes.
    • BLAH Airlines seats fit most legs.
    • Armrest.
    • “Entertainment.”
    I was pleased to see that this flight was no exception, and that all of these amenities were available on-board (except for Armrest, which was already claimed by the passenger in Seat 82C).

But to BLAH’s credit, this particular flight offered multiple options for “Entertainment,” which more than made up for lack of Armrest.

In addition to the classic black & white film that droned on throughout the 6-hour flight (you can catch a scene in the photo above in case you missed it), this flight featured a fascinatingly complex paper puzzle, available only to Middle Class passengers:

[​IMG]
    (Can you solve it? It's a tough one!)

Shortly after take-off, Middle Class meal service began. To drink, I selected the coffee option, which the surly flight attendant kindly modified to have neither cream nor sugar:

[​IMG]

I don’t know if the special paper beverage napkin and wooden stirrer service that accompanied my coffee was an exception for this flight (I’ve usually only experienced one or the other but never both), but it was certainly much appreciated.

I know you all want to fly like this, so I’m happy to share a number of BLAH’s exclusive promotions! To view these deals, please follow the rest of my review here.

--

I hope I've captured your interest enough to warrant a click through to my personal blog. I should also note that I have the greatest respect for trip reporters, many of whom I follow regularly. I just couldn't pass up this chance to have a bit of fun, and I hope this provides an entertaining read between the more serious posts. :)

Flyer1976, MX and ACMM like this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are you employed or otherwise compensated by Virgin America?

3. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it's shameful when people steal video trip reports others post and pass them off as their own. :rolleyes:

;)

4. MileWriter

MileWriter Member

Status Points:
    No, I am not employed by Virgin America. And besides the semi-recycled plastic I get when you sign up to be Beige, I do not get any other compensation from Virgin America or any other third-party, at this time.

I presume you are referring to Virgin America's sneaky 6-hour video of a recent BLAH flight. You can read BLAH AIrlines' CEO respond to this video here.

Thanks for reading. :)

5. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    Flyer1976 likes this.