Blackberry DeskTop Software - questions

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by Gaucho, Jul 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    OK... so I purchased the cable for the Blackberry and installed the DeskTop Software from the BB website. I have succeeded in backing up the BB to my wife's laptop computer..... however, the BB DeskTop software doesn't seem to have a function where I can see/edit her contacts. I assume that there is a data file somewhere on the harddisk that has the information, but I cant see it.

My final objective is to be able to somehow print out the contacts and phone numbers... does someone have any ideas on how to be able to do that..? ive browsed around the menu files and cant seem to find a text file or something similar with the contact info....

Any tips/leads would be greatly appreciated.... :cool:

2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any tips....???

3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    The data should be on a file with an IPD extension I think. There's software that will let you extract that info, along with the rest of the contents (pictures, SMS, etc). A google search should yield some results.

4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    IPD extension... thats very helpful, thanks. Will try to locate the file and then see if I can find an extractor program that is freeware. Thanks.