Blackberry 10 Z10

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mtlfire, Feb 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    So anyone upgrade to the new handset yet? Comments, issues?

I've had mine a few days, I'm quite happy... then again I was going from an old BB and it couldn't really get any worse. Its very similar to Iphone, rapid, no more delays and its very fluid.

Few issues I've had:

1. Contacts did not transfer. It said they did, but there's nothing there. A friend at work changed this yesterday, same issue. So we tried one of the solutions listed elsewhere to bluetooth pair and transfer. You see if create the address book, the other phone receives it, you open it and see the first contact. But if you go back to the main address book theres nothing in it, even though it just opened the first contact. So they seem to be there, just not visible after a transfer.

2. I use Gmail a lot, so I'm glad that calendar support is back. the Caldav settings report connection errors when you save. But I left mine on manual and when I clicked refresh in the calendar it work. Few days later I changed the manual setting to hourly and its been fine since.

I can't figure out how to create a calendar entry on the phone with my gmail calendar so it gets sent back though. Its not an option. And creating a desktop event doesn't seem to get transferred back to google.

3. Deleting GMAIL email on the phone doesn't delete in your account and send to trash, but it only moves it from the inbox to the archive. Not exactly what I want. But on the plus side, if I delete something in GMAIL it now deletes on the phone, never did that before.

4. Sometimes portrait mode doesn't, I'm pretty sure largely when using BBM from the notifications menu and not from the main icon. It won't switch.

5. Notifications. In phone only mode the settings show the LED should flash for messages etc. It does not. Seems to only flash if you have the sound and the led setting on. This seems a little odd.

Other than that just takes a learning curve to figure out where everything is. I was so used to the blackberry menu key. Options when composing an email to delete the original text seem to be gone?

I'm hoping for a resolution with the contacts, but right now I see myself having to use blackberry backup extractor to pull them out of a backup and enter them manually.

GoodBoy likes this.
  2. jerryhung

jerryhung Silver Member

Status Points:
    I read on CrackBerry some suggest "intouchapp" to transfer between even Android/iOS contacts
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/72643/

GoodBoy likes this.
  3. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    My problem was my old blackberry torch had locked up and wouldn't reboot. So all I had to work with was a month old backup file. Blackberry link loads the backup, sends to the phone and claims success, but no contacts follow through.

GoodBoy likes this.