Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal for iPad Air 2?

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Nov 20, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ok, I am lazy and instead of spending time researching the various leaked and published offers, I'll ask here: anyone know of a good deal on a new iPad Air 2? I will be out of the country over the Thanksgiving holiday, so would have to buy online.

viguera likes this.
  2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not the 2 but the original Air at 32GB is $349 at Staples..

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  3. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    see aggregated information at:
    http://dealnews.com/features/best-black-friday-apple-ads/
    http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/black-friday/

see comment on first post:
    Greg the Gruesome

I think Best Buy should get an honorable mention for the iPad Air 2 WiFi 16 GB, which it will offer for $400. If I buy one from Target instead of Best Buy, in effect I will wind up paying $107.80 (this includes sales tax) for that $140 Target gift card. I never shop at Target (online or off) and that savings ($32.20) off of the face value of the gift card isn't enough of an incentive for me to buy the iPad Air 2 from Target and then wait for Target deals which I would take advantage of to pop up on DealNews. (Of course, YMMV, as they say.)

4. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also BensBargins posted this:
    http://bensbargains.net/bargain/black-friday-price-matching-sale-at-133775/
    Black Friday Price Matching Sale at Walmart
    Starts tomorrow at 8AM PT. Walmart announced they will be having an early Black Friday Event, where they will be preemptively price-matching other stores' Black Friday deals. Rumors are that the sale will include a PlayStation 4 bundle, 60" TVs from LG and Sony, a 40" LED HDTV, the iPad Air 2 and select LEGO sets.

5. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:

As the result of a "hack" Walmart has now said that they will only price match to 30 select stores, no auction or third party sellers (Amazon). This is because the Hack involved a fake Amazon site that was offering the PS4 for $89.99. Walmart got stung badly matching this price until they found out the Amazon Seller did not exist. So if you price match, you probably need to match to Staples, Best Buy, Fry's Electronics or similar business.

iolaire and viguera like this.