BKK to PNH flights

Discussion in 'Thailand' started by gallivant, Sep 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. gallivant

gallivant Silver Member

Status Points:
    I need to book a one way from Bangkok to PNH near the end of October and a return from Siem Reap. Would anyone venture to guess if I should book with Air Asia now or wait for their recently announced Big Sale on 9/17? Do their fares typically go up or down the closer in it gets? This is my first trip to SE Asia. Any suggestions?

Kalboz likes this.
  2. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    The 17th is two days away... one if it begins on the 17th Asia time. I can't see any reason why purchasing now would make sense.

3. gallivant

gallivant Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thats why I haven't pulled the trigger. I wondered if the sale would be on all their flights or target a specific region. The airfare from REP to Bangkok seems reasonable enough. I wouldn't call the fare from Bangkok to PNH low cost.
    Thanks for reminding me the sale will be earlier US time.

Kalboz likes this.
  4. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    FD just entered the BKK-REP market so the fares are solely priced at an introductory level. They will rise in the future. While the PNH-BKK flights might be priced higher (I;ll take your word it since I don't normally price out FD) they are one of two options for purchasing a o/w segment, the other being K6. Since PG/TG automatically kick up the cheapest purchasable fare class for o/w travel FD/K6 does not making these latter two carriers your best bet.

Kalboz likes this.
  5. kwai
    Original Member

kwai Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh, and what was the result... did you get a deal?

Kalboz likes this.
  6. gallivant

gallivant Silver Member

Status Points:
    Booked with air asia BKK to PNH and a return from REP to BKK in October. $154 all in after seat fee and credit card fees. Skipped the baggage fee and will do carry on. Its 5 nights in BKK, 3 in PNH a boat ride up to REP for 3 days. Then on to Bali. I am jazzed. Think I found some charming non chain hotels along the way at affordable prices.

Kalboz likes this.
  7. gallivant

gallivant Silver Member

Status Points:
    After watching the website for awhile I have discovered that Air Asia prices are like the weather if you wait long enough it will change.

Kalboz likes this.
  8. wackyjacky

wackyjacky Active Member

Status Points:
    I'd skip the boat ride. It's a long, noisy, fumy, ride in a rocking, jumping, clastrophobia inducing, sausage that's prone to breakdowns. The better option is on the roof, but there are no seats and you will cook. Amazingly there isn't a lot to see either. You're just out in the middle of a huge lake most of the time. It used to be a reasonable choice before they fixed the roads & it took 8 hrs to SR. IIWY, I'd grab a mini-bus - Giant Ibis or Mekong Express.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
    gallivant and Kalboz like this.
  9. gallivant

gallivant Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will consider your experience on the boat and make a decision in PNH. And Thanks for the bus info.

Kalboz likes this.