BKK | Suvarnabhumi Airport

Discussion in 'Airports' started by petrapenang, Sep 9, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. petrapenang

petrapenang Silver Member

Status Points:
    A very nice shopping airport and Thai Royal Orchid lounges all over the place. However, only the lounges in concourse C have showers and few so when there's a crowd, especially for late evening and early morning flights, they get taken up very quickly and the queue is long. So when you hear the front desk announcing Q numbers, go take a number immediately. Also, I think only one lounge in concourse C have boarding calls (the lounge on the left as you head towards concourse C).

There's a Royal Orchid SPA located in concourse D and it's free for C and F travelers. A nice choice of massages and the F travelers are entitled to special suite treatment. Service is EXCELLENT!

If you have a long layover, make sure you checkout the government sponsored tour packages, very reasonable. I took a tour for a decent price of 2600B to Paragon Mall and Siam Ocean World. Pretty price considered that the entrance ticket is 800B, exiting and reentering the airport would have costed me 1400B for 2 persons, transportation would be close to 500B, plus we went through the VIP line for immigration both in and out. Lines were really long and would have drove my two year old crazy.... They have many tours including the floating market, outdoor and indoor shopping trip as well as visiting the famous WATs (temples).

Food selection at the Paragon Mall was immense!!! It took me a long time to figure out what to eat! Ocean World was really fun for us and worth the time. We kinda speed through it in an hour since we had only 5 hours total for the whole trip. The tour came with our personal guide and driver (yes, 2 persons!).

uggboy and Kalboz like this.
  2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe the massages at BKK are only for TG pax...

Kalboz and daemon14 like this.
  3. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    You believe right, it is actually for first class TG passengers :) See more here: http://milepoint.com/forums/threads...ere-you-least-expect-them.44028/#post-1545661

TRAVELSIG and Jimgotkp like this.
  4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    I (and many others) have avoided shopping at the airport b/c of serious scams - in the past and ? ongoing. Many sad stories of people ending up in jail when they didn't pay the "bribe"
    "here is a rather serious scam in the duty-free shops in the Bangkok Airport.

The clerks will slip a small item -- perhaps a small vial of perfume or a pack of cigarettes -- into the bag with your purchases at the check-out. Many travelers assume that this is a small thank-you bonus gift, but it's a setup. The police, participants in the scam, are waiting just outside the duty-free shop to arrest the unwary customer for "shop-lifting" the extra item. Of course, handing over a large bribe makes the charge disappear, but perhaps not in time to catch one's flight.

BBC news has done several stories on this scam, and it continues to be a problem. My advice: if you do buy anything at the duty-free shops, watch the clerks very carefully and do NOT allow them to place anything in the bag that you have not paid for!"
    This is just one of the stories

petrapenang and Kalboz like this.
  5. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's actually for both Biz and First Class pax. The difference is that Biz pax don't get a full body massage and it's only fifteen or thirty minutes. First Class pax get a full-body massage and it's an hour long. The massage rooms have a jacuzzi for use too..

Kalboz likes this.
  6. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am flying with TG C from Europe to BKK on A380, and have 75 minute window to trasnfer to USM flight... if I mis it, it is 7 hour wait... is 75 minute doable? Do I have to collect the luggage and re-check it?

Kalboz likes this.
  7. Mirror74

Mirror74 Gold Member

Status Points:
    And yes, all flights are booked together on one ticket... FRA-BKK-USM, all in C... TG...

Kalboz likes this.
  8. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    It is doable ... they will wait for if you land on time.

mirohacek likes this.
  9. FlyingFree
    Original Member

FlyingFree Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wondering is anyone has been through BKK lately, and if the times to clear security and passport control have become unreasonable. Next month I have two hours and thirty five minutes to disembark Bangkok Air flight from Siem Reap and make my Cathay Pacific flight to HKG. Not sure if there is any way to interline my checked baggage from Bangkok Air to Cathay Pacific (separate tickets) and avoid having to go through customs and immigration to check in for my HKG flight, then go back through passport control etc. again!

10. uweheldt

uweheldt Member

Status Points:
    That shouldn't be a problem. The guidance there is quite good and the time you have is well enough. At least based on my recent experience.