Bizarre contradictions between UA and CO sites

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Canadi>n, Apr 23, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am still trying to make out some of the interchanges between UA and CO when it comes to our bookings and codeshares on the two carriers. I have some flights booked on the CO site with CO flight numbers, but save for one segment all are UA metal. Curiously, the one CO metal flight shows on the UA site as having the upgrade "confirmed" (well before the Plat/1K window) even though the CO site shows it is still in coach, and that F is full on the flight. All the other flights, even though booked in coach now show NF as the booking class on the UA site.

Am I to take it that all bookings by elites now automatically get converted from their original coach booking class into NF so they are now in the auto queue for UDU upgrading?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The NF thing on .bomb happens for many codeshare flights. Annoying mostly because it requires a call to actually book the seats in coach that you can legitimately assign.

sunseeker likes this.
  3. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    What is more annoying is that in these code-share scenarios you can't use your instruments to upgrade until the day of flight, and you cannot be on the UDU or EUA upgrade lists with your normal priority at 4/5 days.

Since it is 1 company now, they should really extend the upgrades across to each other's metal. The fact that there are 2 operating certificates does not mean they cannot align customer privileges. In the .bomb view of UA-operated flights booked as CO codeshares, it shows both my UA MP# and CO OP# - so if it is UA metal, grant us the UA MP privileges, and on CO metal, grant us the CO OP privileges.

Rlpro likes this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is only an issue on UA metal. CO metal flights can be upgraded with instruments or EUA even if booked as a UA code and always could be. My understanding is that UDU now works if on a CO-coded flight (and I had a couple of those go through last week on my SEA-GRU-EWR run) but instruments are still not ready.

TravelerRob likes this.
  5. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for clarifying - and I wasn't aware. I have generally tried to book UA metal on united.com and CO metal on continental.com - it is on mixed itins or when the sites have different fares that it gets interesting

6. sunseeker
    Original Member

sunseeker Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are still times when UA metal flights are cheaper on CO. I bought one SNA-BWi a couple of days ago.

7. Golfingboy
    Original Member

Golfingboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess we will have issues on cross carrier bookings until they merge the reservations system, that is when they pull the plug on Apollo and switch everything over to SHARES...

No real point in pouring too much energy to fix something that will go away in a few-several months... Annoying, I know...

8. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    The progress on integration seems so slow. It would help if there were more communication and forward visibility.

Golfingboy likes this.