Bit By The Travel Bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by IPBrian, Aug 8, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just returned from Hawaii a week and a half ago (it seems oddly like a lifetime) I have two trips planned to Chicago and NYC in October, but they seem like they are forever away. I am sitting at my desk today and would much rather be on a plane to somewhere...I guess this means I have finally been bit by the travel bug. I have always loved traveling, but this feels different. I assume others feel like this at some point in their lives...any tips on how best to deal? How often do you find yourself traveling?

misterbwong, uggboy and Sedosi like this.
  2. Sedosi

Sedosi Gold Member

Status Points:
    This too shall pass. Either that or you'll become a travel junkie, either result is OK.

For me the "bug" passed fairly quickly but the desire to travel did not. That said, eventually I was forced to decide just how much time I wanted to spend every year in a tube at 30K feet.

By the end of the year I will have flown around a dozen trips and (to be honest) for me that felt like too much. For others that's probably a good start to January and for others still (co-workers for example) that's just crazy. The thing is I have a house, family here in the city and friends/things I like to see.

As for how to deal? It's somewhat like the common cold, just let it run it's course.

uggboy likes this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    The travel bug is a very welcome bug! He can bite my everyday!:)

4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm very familiar with this! Happy and safe travels!:)

5. misterbwong

misterbwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    I cope by visiting all my bookmarked travel sites ~100 times a day :p

IPBrian and uggboy like this.
  6. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice therapy, highly recommended!:D This gives me even more bites from the Travel Bug!;)

IPBrian likes this.
  7. IPBrian

IPBrian Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think that's mostly what I have been doing the last week. Poor ITASoftware just keeps trying to find me an inexpensive itinerary! LOL

uggboy likes this.