big win : what about stays?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Rosalia, Sep 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    could we book one paid night and then one reward night, and again one paid night followed by one reward night? so that we accumulate many stays?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    If at the same hotel that likely won't work.

3. Terry Yap

Terry Yap Gold Member

Status Points:
    agree, as IHG would likely consider that as one stay if all the reservations are booked under your name......

4. traveltoomuch

traveltoomuch Silver Member

Status Points:
    Reward nights don't count as qualifying stays (see item #11 in https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/global/customer_care/member-tc) . I'm not sure the pattern you describe (paid night, reward night, paid night; all at the same property) would count as one stay or two. I would not risk it and would instead move hotels.

Besides, some of these promos are triggered by staying in different hotels and different brands. Moving hotels has charm.

5. Agreed

6. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    and how come once i stayed in an IC, paid one night, got points and then spent two or three reward nights, got no points, and again paid one night, got again points, etc....it means I got some qualifying and other non qualifying nights...

guinnessxyz likes this.
  7. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    You earnt points on the parts of the stay which should earn them. But a "stay" is defined as consecutive nights in the same property, regardless of check-in/check-out, which makes it unlikely that would count as multiple stays IMO.

Flyer1976 and guinnessxyz like this.