Big Hotel CC Offer: 107,500 Hilton Points for Virgin Atlantic CC

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by K F, Aug 1, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. K F

K F Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got to thinking today about this after reading millionmilesecrets.com and his blog about using the Hawaiian Air credit card to get 70,000 Hilton Points.

If the Hilton website is correct and you get 1:2 miles to points, then the Virgin Atlantic credit card is worth 107,500 points after $2500 spend and adding two additional users. All this for only $90. The extra bonus is you earn 1.5 miles per $ so this card essentially earns 3HH points per $ after the transfer.

Here's a link to the card: https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=VAA2IO

This sounds like a great deal that I'm planning on getting in on. Anyone have experience transferring Virgin Atlantic miles to Hilton points?

2. montacute
    Original Member

montacute Silver Member

Status Points:
    No experience, but I'm going to try it. I might even try both Hawaiian and Virgin applications at the same time.

3. ethiopianbuffman

ethiopianbuffman Active Member

Status Points:
    this might be interesting, going to apply for both and see where it gets me.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's the base earnings rate on the fee-free HHonors Amex (and maybe also the Citi HHonors card, not sure) with six points for spend at groceries, drugstores and for gas.

5. Million Mile Secrets

Million Mile Secrets Silver Member

Status Points:
    The US version of the Virgin Atlantic website indicates a transfer rate of 1:1 from Virgin to Hilton, the UK version of Virgin Atlantic website indicates a transfer rate of 1:2 from Virgin to Hilton, the Europe and Australia (the only other versions I checked) show a transfer rate of 1:2 from Virgin to Hilton.

And the Hilton website shows a transfer rate of 1:2 from Virgin to Hilton.

So this card can net 107,500 (1:2 transfer ratio) as K F shows above or 57,500 (1:1 transfer ratio).

OneSweetWorld, phsu and K F like this.
  6. K F

K F Silver Member

Status Points:
    The consensus seems that there is no definitive "Yes" that VA transfers 1:2 so if you're getting the card just for the points then know there might be a chance you won't get them even though Hilton says it's 1:2. I'm going to do some digging, but if anyone has experience that can validate the answer either way please let us know!

7. DesertRose
    Original Member

DesertRose Silver Member

Status Points:
    $90 is still a fair deal for 50k Hilton points.

gomike likes this.
  8. K F

K F Silver Member

Status Points:
  9. K F

K F Silver Member

Status Points:
    And I also just contacted VA and they said 1:1. Hopefully this mistake gets fixed on the websites so we don't have to wonder anymore.....

10. Million Mile Secrets

Million Mile Secrets Silver Member

Status Points:
    I heard back form Virgin and the rate is 1:1, so no dice. But still a nice way for some extra Hilton points.

A blog reader managed to get a 1:2 transfer for his wife, but 1:1 for himself, but I think that was just luck of the draw.

I'm going to assume that the ratio is 1:1 and consider this card in my next round of applications.

11. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    surpass card for 1 year is still better.

12. JohnDeere19
    Original Member

JohnDeere19 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Too bad about the 1:1...it amazes me that the T&Cs can be wrong in so many places.

13. Dixhill

Dixhill Silver Member

Status Points:
    How about Hawaiian Air CC? Can you transfer the miles to Hilton?

14. koctail

koctail Silver Member

Status Points:
    yes, from all i have read you can transfer Hawaiian Miles to Hilton HHonors Points at a 1:2 ratio. Also I just learned you can transfer American AAdvantage miles to Hilton at rate of 3:5 so 6000 miles = 10000 points. i am flush with AAdvantage miles as I bet many are due to their never ending 75k promo so i might look into this. Between these transfers the Amex Hilton Card 50k easy... possible up to 62,500, Hilton Visa 50K offer, Hilton points are easy to come by. Of course redemptions at Cat 6 and 7 hotels burn lots of points, but do look into the Hilton VIP program as well as AXON awards available with the AMEX Hilton cards for discounted points stays on awards of 4 nights or more.

PedroNY likes this.
  15. PedroNY
    Original Member

PedroNY Silver Member

Status Points:
    If it is Hilton points you are after, don't forget that you can pick up 40,000 HH points though the Citi Hilton VISA by churning that card as well, just something to keep in mind.

Cheers,

PedroNY

k02s02 and jmrich1432 like this.
  16. Can some one pm me about the timing for churn on citi HH card or post here if they want to share? I am not aware of churnability on Citi HH card...!

17. thnx pedro

18. stan
    Original Member

stan Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can you please share with all of us ?

19. xxxadixxx
    Original Member

xxxadixxx Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, this information would be very helpful. I canceled in June and I would be interested in this card again if it is available.

20. dhammer53
    Original Member

dhammer53 Gold Member

Status Points:
    We all live and die by this. ;)

CC churs are like switching phone companies were back in the early 2000's.

21. Wings
    Original Member

Wings Silver Member

Status Points:
    can someone PM this to me as well?
    Thanks!

22. joediver
    Original Member

joediver Silver Member

Status Points:
    Me too please! Had the Surpass card when it first came out.

OneSweetWorld likes this.