Big Airport Improvements on the Runway

Discussion in 'EWR/LGA/JFK/ISP/HPN/SWF | NYC Area Airports' started by Newscience, Apr 11, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    gregm, uggboy, MX and 1 other person like this.
  2. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Did Joe Biden's comments about LGA being third world have anything to do with this so soon afterwards?

Flyer1976, gregm, uggboy and 2 others like this.
  3. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    A great question, blackjack-21! But, I don't know anyone that takes Joe Biden seriously! ;)

gregm, uggboy, MX and 1 other person like this.
  4. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Except those paid to do so, and with full speed ahead.

5. pointlessly

pointlessly Active Member

Status Points:
    Except the people of Delaware, voting him to the Senate 7 times where he held a number of high-ranking chairs; of course he had some help being elected twice to the U.S. vice presidency.

Flyer1976, gaijin62, uggboy and 2 others like this.
  6. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    And during all those runs for Senate he had absolutely no paid election staff, all volunteers?

Flyer1976, Newscience and uggboy like this.
  7. pointlessly

pointlessly Active Member

Status Points:
    Your implication being the population of Delaware who took him seriously enough to elect him seven times to the U.S. Senate were also on his staff? It's a small state but not quite that small. What especially silly, snide, jealous-of-his-success remarks about the U.S. vice president. At least he's not the walking, talking, heartless-but-keeps-on-ticking spectre of his predecessor.

gaijin62 likes this.
  8. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Your implication of my implication is so ridiculous as to be outrageous. How's your reading comprehension? I said that the staff probably wasn't all just unpaid volunteers, as some were probably paid staff. Without knowing, and I could be wrong about that of course, but how does that imply anything about the voters of the state of Delaware?

Biden's predecessor did whatever was needed to go after those who planned and helped carry out 9/11, without asking for permission to do so from those who were too soft to go after those terrorists and who now want us to "go easy" on those who would destroy our way of life. Would you have it any different?