Better to buy a mistake fare through expedia/opodo or airline directly?

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by Arvian1, Sep 25, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Arvian1

Arvian1 New Member

Status Points:
    Hello everyone, i just wondered, if airlines realise once issued that it's an error would it be better for the ticket to have been issued by a travel agent as opposed to the airline itself? Basically would this make it harder to cancel?

Thanks!

anileze likes this.
  2. jessewithaj

jessewithaj Member

Status Points:
    In my experience buying only 1 mistake fare through expedia, did not make it any harder to cancel, I simply received a call and was told that I would be receiving a refund.

anileze likes this.
  3. Dumammy

Dumammy Active Member

Status Points:
    Same happened to me on Orbitz, they just said they couldn't ticket

anileze likes this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Having it issued via an OTA makes it more of a pain in just about every manner. If the airline is going to revoke it they will do so regardless of the purchase channel.

anileze likes this.
  5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sometimes people try to book through OLTAs after the airline has pulled the fare from the airline's own website. However, they might still not succeed in having it actually ticket. Some mistake fares might only be available through certain channels.

If you avoid OLTAs for "normal" tickets, shouldn't you continue to do so unless using the OLTA saves a significant amount of money?

anileze likes this.
  6. epekarik

epekarik Active Member

Status Points:
    I never had any luck dump /reissue a mistake ticket without paying the change fee no matter how i got ticket My corporate travel agency allows free change cancel within 24 hr of purchase

Sent from a Galaxy from far far away...