BestWestern Status Match

Discussion in 'Best Western | Rewards' started by cliq, Jul 29, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    This was just posted on Twitter so if you have been looking for elite on BW Rewards while having elite on another hotel program, I guess this is your time.

Info: https://twitter.com/TheBestWestern/status/229669021744783360

Elite with Another Hotel Program? We'll Match It!
    Status Match...No Catch ®

With our Status Match...No Catch ® program, we will match your ELITE status in any other hotel loyalty program, FREE of charge.

You'll begin earning Best Western Rewards® points at the Elite level instantly—and watch them add up even faster.

To match your ELITE status in any other hotel program please download the status match form. Once you have completed the form, please send it back to us at the address listed on the form.

Or you can email our Customer Care team atStatusMatch@bestwestern.com, or call1-800-444-7646.

Just tell us you want to upgrade your membership with Status Match...No Catch ®, provide us with proof of elite status with another hotel program and we'll take care of the rest!

Terms and Conditions >
    Status Match Form >

2. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    For those without longer-term expectations of staying at Best Westerns, an individual can also get "quasi-gold" status by linking a AAA membership (does not expire after a year). I don't know whether BW is one of the "one status match per lifetime" organizations and I'll readily take even the marginal 10% point bonus on my stays.

miles and smiles likes this.
  3. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Successful upgrade to Diamond from LeClub Plat

4. basiface

basiface Silver Member

Status Points:
    Really? They matched my Hyatt Diamond with their GOLD, lol. I was going to call to inquire, but I don't think I'll be using it much anyway. Going to po dunk nowhere wine country and couldn't find any other hotel brands, that doesn't happen too often.

5. macbookguy

macbookguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    i just filled mine out last week to match PC Gold. i'm hoping to have it for my BWP stay Fri/Sat night!

6. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    After reading this was giving it some thought - but then would likely never stay at these properties so hmmm ... likely not

7. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Two years ago BW gave me Diamond status as a match to my PC Platinum. I think I had 2 BW stays in 2010 and none since. I am still BW Diamond. Rather amazing generosity, I would say. :)

macbookguy and icurhere2 like this.
  8. macbookguy

macbookguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now that's hard to complain about :) I'm hoping for BW Platinum to match PC Gold (since both tiers are 15 nights), but I have a feeling I'm going to get "stuck" with Gold. I don't know how much I'm going to be staying with them... most properties here in Ohio seem to be former HIX properties that were jettisoned for not keeping up to standards. The others I would be afraid of... well, you name it. I'll be at the East Lansing Plus though this upcoming weekend for the OSU/MSU game because the HIX was double the price (normally BW and HIX in OH and MI tend to be priced about the same) and there are no Hyatt Places in Lansing :( About everywhere else was sold out.

9. macbookguy

macbookguy Silver Member

Status Points:
    And I just heard back... They matched to plat. Should be a fun weekend in East Lansing!

10. bez7
    Original Member

bez7 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only did the status match since our once every three years' trip to Missouri got me some bonus points. Redeemed those for a few airline miles and it was worth it. No other benefits for me at the hotel we stay at so it was worth it burning the status match.

11. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    They matched me to Hilton Diamond and I actually used it once and was so disatisfied with the service that I haven't been to a BW since.... check in took 30 minutes because they lost reservations for the two people ahead of me, the lobby had no a/c even though it was 90 plus outside, the internet didn't work and it went down hill from there.

and yes I complained to them when I got home.

DTWBOB

12. free67spirit

free67spirit Silver Member

Status Points:
    I used my Holiday Inn Platinum status for an upgrade. Drumroll-I was bestowed Diamond status. But will probably not stay there although I believe I have 10000 points. But they seem useless. Although I could save for my 14/15 Companion pass. mmm I may be learning. slow and steady!