Best & Worst Airport Terminals

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by RestlessLocationSyndrome, Jan 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just came across this article at the following link:

http://travel.usatoday.com/flights/...ranks-best-worst-airport-terminals/52602176/1

I have to say that I haven't been to many of these on either list although Seoul Incheon was a very nice airport to have a layover at.... which I have done multiple times.

How do these airports/terminals measure up in your mind? I'm personally surprised that LAX isn't listed in whole due to the inconvenience of doing a transfers to an international carrier from a domestic one (i.e. from pretty much every numbered terminal to Tom Bradley Int'l).

2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    My personal list, based on airports I know, would be ICN, SIN T3 only, DTW, HKG, KIX, IND, RDU at the very top, MSP, AMS, NRT, CPN, COS maybe HND as functional efficient places, SAN and MSY and PIT and SFO (and RDU and IND) much improved, CDG, FRA, ORD, BOS, LGA, EWR, MIA, PDX, SEA, LAX, MDW as airports to avoid, with PHL and the DL areas at DEN and JFK T2/3 competing with the old DTW and the old TWA operation at JFK for the very worst.

3. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm suprised HKG isn't on the list and MUC is missing as well. I rate both to be very nice, efficient, and easy to use.

4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ooooppps, I forgot to put MUC on my list. I think some people like Zurich too.

In all fairness, some of the newer mainland Chinese airports like PVG are not too bad, but they tend to be located far from town with not very good lounges.

5. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    Surprised that the Int'l Terminal at SFO isn't on the high end, and EZE on the low end.