Best Western Cavalier Oceanfront Resort - San Simeon CA - close to Hearst Castle

Discussion in 'Best Western | Rewards' started by Sweet Willie, Feb 12, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    We ended up staying here by accident. We had a reservation up north a bit in Big Sur at a place called the Ragged Point Inn. We show up at 3:45pm and they can't find our reservation, come to find out they have us for the following night, even after I had confirmed with them about our date.[​IMG] Mrs Sweet Willie is worried as there have been nothing but no vacancy signs further up north in Big Sur. We take a quick gander through a local guide book and see an ad for the Best Western Cavalier Oceanfront Resort which is perfectly located to tour Hearst Castle for which we had a reservation the following day. Called the property and they had an oceanfront room available, so we booked.

We really enjoyed this property, the prime ocean front rooms that are as close as one can get to the ocean are 172 through 178 for first floor and 272 through 278 for second floor. We stayed in this complex but on a "side" ocean view room, which was nice as the sound of the ocean waves could be heard. All of these rooms have fireplaces.

Just before sunset there are three oceanside fire pits (on the bluff, not beach) in which they light wood burning fires in. Plenty of logs to keep it going late into the evening if you want to. We had some great conversations with different folks who were staying there.

The restaurant serves a good breakfast.

For dinner we went into the very nearby oceanfront town of Cambria, hotel staff were excellent with recommendations and their knowledge of local area.

Bedding was very comfy and fabrics were of good quality, not polyester crap.

Location was perfect for touring Hearst Castle www.hearstcastle.org I highly recommend one take at least one tour, we loved it.

Best Western Cavalier Oceanfront Resort
    9415 Hearst Drive
    San Simeon, CA 93452
    www.cavalierresort.com

uggboy and Exiled in Express like this.
  2. ldrydr

ldrydr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the tip. We're visiting that area in September and this looks like a reasonably-priced place to hang out for a couple of day while we tour the castle. Hopefully my BW Platinum level will get me an ocean-facing room!

uggboy and Sweet Willie like this.
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    did you get a chance to stay at this property?

uggboy likes this.