Best way to get Alaska miles?

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by serion, May 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. serion

serion Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm wanting to take a trip to Iceland soon and would like to take Icelandair. And since Alaska is Icelandair's only partner, I need to get some miles! Does anyone know of a good program to transfer points out of to Alaska?

I have quite a few membership and ultimate reward points, as well as some points in various hotel programs. I'm looking for all ideas (as long as its a good deal) of transfering even if I have to transfer from one program to the next.

Thanks!

2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    SPG to Alaska. If you transfer 20K SPG to one of the eligible airlines then you get a 5K bonus.

serion likes this.
  3. NYCAdventurer

NYCAdventurer Gold Member

Status Points:
    How about the CC?

4. MileMonster

MileMonster Silver Member

Status Points:
    Make sure and call Alaska and check their availability before you transfer. I have heard they are not very good at booking award travel through Icelandair...mostly Icelandairs problem though.

5. mhnadel
    Original Member

mhnadel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I didn't have any problems using AS miles on Icelandair for a trip last September. But you might also look to see if it is worth it, as Icelandair fares are often low enough to make it better to pay for the trip and earn the miles.

Golfingboy likes this.