Best way to find out about last minute cancelations/availability at Hyatts?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by ballardFlyer, Dec 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm booked on two multi-day awards at Hyatt Regency Waikiki with a 1 day gap in the middle where the hotel was sold out already. My better half is not as fond of hotel hopping and stays don't matter since these are awards so we'd like to stay put the whole time.

What strategies other than checking the Hyatt site every day do you all use to find out if there is a cancelation?

Is there a waitlist for cancelations at most Hyatt's? I've never asked at Hyatt, but have done this at other independent properties.

I'm not the "call the GM' kind of person normally, but I'm thinking that it might be worth it - just to put my name on the waitlist or see if I can book a speciality suite etc that night.

2. mmgm

mmgm Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would suggest calling the hotel tomorrow , ask for in-house reservations ,and discuss the problem with them. They might be willing to help.

3. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Appreciate the idea. Called and spoke to a woman there but she couldn't do anything. She wasn't in mgmt though.

4. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Called again and spoke to a service manager this time. I'm now on the wait list. Thank you!

OceanBreezes likes this.