Best way to check prices

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by stravels, Oct 22, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. stravels

stravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there a way to easily check prices over a range of dates (e.g., nightly rates populate a week at a time on the Hilton website)? Will most likely need one more night for diamond challenge that ends Dec 11, 2014. Honolulu area would be easiest, but Maui (in Nov) and New York City (on Dec 10) are also possibilities. Know Maui and NYC are expensive.

2. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    you can use points plus cash to get a pretty reasonable rate in hawaii - 12500 points and $150 cash for andaz maui, and grand hyatt kauai. I believe the hyatt regency maui is 10,000 points and $125 per night. Sometimes the hyatt regency waikkiki is < $300 a night. As for seeing more nights available I don't know how to do that.

3. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd say "proper" Hyatts are pricey, but if you just want the stay for the challenge you can always find a reasonable Hyatt Place or Hyatt House in the area *around* NYC.

I'm lucky enough to live in Norwalk, which is an hour from NYC but close to the Hyatt Regency Greenwich, which can be had around $100-120 a night on occasion and the Regency Club is always closed on the weekends, so it's perfect for mattress runs. Depending on where you're going to be you can always take a stab at it (they even have a shuttle from the Metro North station) or try some of the smaller properties in NJ.

danielwood likes this.
  4. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Some of the NYC hotels work well with BRG rates. I've had good luck finding BRG rates at the andaz wall street. It still counts for status and gets 20% off the rate of the other places low rate.

viguera likes this.
  5. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah but I guess it depends on your budget. I have a 3 night stay next week and the Andaz was $425 a night or something to that effect.

A shame too because that exceeds the allowed budget for work, but my previous stays there have been fantastic. I do hate their bathroom sinks though... Always a pain because of the rectangular flat shape.

danielwood and lapointdm like this.
  6. lapointdm

lapointdm Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ewww... I was able to get a BRG rate at the andaz wall st for $188 for Feb 2015

7. danielwood

danielwood Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice! Very good price....

viguera likes this.
  8. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seriously... It's probably the fact that we'll be under a foot of snow at the time, but that's an awesome rate for any room in that hotel.

Meantime next week when I have to stay, the numbers are "slightly" higher.

Screenshot_2014-10-22-21-51-07.png

danielwood likes this.
  9. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    use flexible dates.It will show i think close to 2 weeks of the rate or Points or Cash & Points depending upon what you select

10. stravels

stravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sorry, newbie on Hyatt.com. Where is the flexible dates option? Also, the Cash & Points option? thanks!