Best Value US Chain Hotel to Stay in Lima?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by RestlessLocationSyndrome, Jun 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

?

Best Value US Chain Hotel to Stay in Lima?

1. JW Marriott

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sheraton

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Westin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Crowne Plaza

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Radisson - San Isidro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Radisson - Miraflores

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll be staying in Lima in the near future thanks to the LAX-LIM fare sale and want to stay at a US chain hotel since I want to use points. Which would be the best hotel provides the best value?

2. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at the Westin Lima in April on points/cash it was fantastic! I am SPG gold and upgraded to corner room on preferred floor I didn't want to leave (I haven't posted review/photos yet). great concierge team, cars outside and I even met a good taxi driver when I go back who is much less than hotel (I can share if you need it). It's a new hotel and not in the tourist area of Miraflores but they have a shuttle twice a day to go there- I just took taxi/cars out front. I also did a great cooking class w/SkyKitchen (see tripadvisor) highly recommend, such a highlight!

3. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sounds like a memorable stay. Did you consider the Sheraton which is in the same general vicinity? If so, why did you pick Westin over Sheraton?

You mention a shuttle or taking taxis to the Miraflores area. Did you feel that you missed out not staying closer to Miraflores?

4. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I didn't even look at the Sheraton honestly as I prefer Westin. I was coming from Easter Island and figured I may just camp out at the hotel to recover -heavenly bed sounded nice. I did a bike tour of Miraflores and Barranco so don't feel i missed out. I was solo and there for two days so while it may have been nice and easy to walk around from the hotel in Miraflores I was fine w/$11-15 taxi from hotel or $8 back. I did the cooking class in Miraflores. There is shopping, cafes and Starbucks near the Westin but it is 10 minutes or more (crazy traffic-no rules) from Miraflores center. That said I wouldn't have liked staying at the Marriott w/the new mall as my shopping/food court and smog over the water view.