Best value awards

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by cityfishing, Mar 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cityfishing
    Original Member

cityfishing Silver Member

Status Points:
    In terms of distance/time traveled from the US per mile, what routes would you say give the best value for spending OnePass Miles? I have over 200,000 miles that I would like to use this year. Are there any specific awards on CO or any partners that standout?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    The RTW C award at 220K is pretty nice. Otherwise I'd look at US-SE Asia via Europe in C or F.

3. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    A CO North Asia-South Asia C award has excellent value in distance/value. ICN-HKG(stop)-SIN-DPS-BKK(stop)-ICN is not too shabby for 30K- and plenty of award space on OZ, SQ and TG is available.

Also, CO has a Hawaii-South Asia award in C for 65K (the F award is 85K, and would net you the TG F lounge in BKK if you go through there). You can find relatively inexpensive flights from the West Coast of the USA to Hawaii on AS to get you to Hawaii.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  4. unavaca
    Original Member

unavaca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Domestic awards have been a good value this year. 25k for flights in the $600+ range are a really good use of miles. I generally use miles when revenue tix are $300+, especially for shorthauls.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    My 25K redemption this year is for a flight that was listed at $2200+. I'd say that's a damn good deal. Of course I never would have paid that retail; I would have taken the flights to the larger city and probably had to skip the open jaw to get a reasonable fare. But flying out of YQY instead of YHZ saves me a LOT of drive time and makes for a much more pleasant vacation.

[​IMG]