Best use of Hilton category 4 WE certificate

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by Thomask, Apr 16, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    Like many of you, every year I get complimentary weekend category 4 night certificate. Is there a way to just look up all the cat. 4 Hotels by region? Hyatt has such a function but I have been unable to locate the Hilton one.
    I will most likely use mine in Europe or Asia. Any advise?

2. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Recently, a Good Samaritan posted exactly what you are looking for: an Excel file with all Hilton Honors properties sorted by category and region. Have fun!
    Just curious. Who exactly awards these complimentary weekend category 4 certificates? I know that HHonors Citi Reserve visa awards weekend certificates but I thought they were good for redeeming for a standard room at any category hotel...

3. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are right! After looking at the certificate it is like you said! Thanks for pointing that out! I guess I had the Hyatt cat. 4 cert in mind due to the latest Hyatt promotions.

4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    Another potential advantage of the Citi Reserve over the Hyatt visa but it might even out because Citi Reserve requires a $10K spend to get the free night at any category hotel, whereas with the Hyatt visa, the free night is automatically awarded on the anniversary of the card, but it is good only for redemption at cat 1-4 GP properties.

B1BomberVB likes this.
  5. Thomask

Thomask Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are right. Well said. I will make sure to use my Hilton one at a W.A. and the Hyatt ones at highly priced cat. 4 Hotels. Thanks again for pointing that out!

B1BomberVB likes this.