Best US Clubs in the System?

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Dreamworks, Jan 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Dreamworks

Dreamworks Gold Member

Status Points:
    So, I was over on the AA board and got envious at their threads and thought I'd start one up that they had. What are people's favorite clubs? I like the grand domed circular room in CLT. (There's probably a name for it)

I also like DCA, but have found the bar service to be a little lacking, but not as bad at BOS. Do they not have booze yet?

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    PHL Envoy is among the best I've seen. But for int'l C departures primarily.

sobore likes this.
  3. Dreamworks

Dreamworks Gold Member

Status Points:
    Can I just say that you can't be a world class airline unless at least one of your lounges has showers? This is my litmus test, right or wrong.

Mikus33, FlyerChrisK, John777 and 4 others like this.
  4. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    The new club at PHX is very nice.

The LGA club always has a soft spot in my heart. Sad to see it turn into a skyclub, but interested to see what the new club will look like.

I also like the BUF club a lot. Small, but nicely done. It looks and feels like a club in CLT, yet it serves a small spoke. US somehow has half the airport and 6 gates - i'm not even sure they will have 6 destinations going forward.

US Clubs are generally nice and very spacious. I've rarely run into a club where I can't find a seat. I've seen very busy United Clubs (formerly RCC and PC)

Trust me, don't be envious of the rattiest admirals club in the system. However, I did enjoy taking copies of American & American Eagle magazines from the SJU Admiral's Club, placing them in my seat back pocket on US and guessing how long they will stay there before someone replaced them with the US Airways Magazine.

However, it seems by mid month, i've already read the US Airways Magazine and Hemispheres. So American Way is a nice change of pace.

sobore and Lufthansa Flyer like this.
  5. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    My personal favorite is the DCA US Club, BOS comes in a close second, and PBI used to have an US Club a long time ago too.

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  6. dcpatti
    Original Member

dcpatti Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Tampa club is an unexpected gem. Huge windows and nice views of the apron, very mellow atmosphere.

curtis1120 likes this.
  7. Sean Colahan
    Original Member

Sean Colahan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not anymore, they turned they Term A Envoy club into a regular US club. So far that's my favorite.

8. phlwookie
    Original Member

phlwookie Silver Member

Status Points:
  9. ghall3

ghall3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm sitting in the PHL A Terminal Lounge on my way to LHR right now and hadn't been through in a few months...things have changed from what I can see. One free booze ticket to use at the bar (no more serve yourself), and about 95% less food options. Still spacious at least though.

10. firstglobal

firstglobal Silver Member

Status Points:
    +1

I also really like the PIT club - spacious, good airport views, never crowded, and the staff is great.

nomflyer likes this.
  11. nomflyer
    Original Member

nomflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    The new PHX club at the high A gates is really quite nice. Very bright and much larger than before it was remodeled.

The last few times I've been to the PIT club it was never crowded. Although it looked a bit dated, I appreciated always finding a power outlet nearby, along with the kind staff.

Flyer1976 likes this.
  12. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Indeed the new PHX club is nice.. it's actually right near gate A18/A20 (I was just there on Saturday).

Keep in mind that this is one of those "not for domestic F" lounges and US won't give you access unless you're *Gold or have a membership (or have a card that gives you access), or you're traveling international.

13. Gulfstream 550

Gulfstream 550 Silver Member

Status Points:
    As much as I love the USAirways Club's, I would have to say my new domestic favorite is the United Club at DEN with its striking views. But the IAH club by gate 33 is very relaxed and crisp.

14. phlwookie
    Original Member

phlwookie Silver Member

Status Points:
    The new club in RDU Terminal 2 opened last week, and it's a nice facility. I don't tend to get there nearly as much as GSO (one of my favorites) but will likely be there a dozen or so times in the coming months, and I'm looking forward to it.

15. MJonTravel
    Original Member

MJonTravel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm in the RDU Club now. It really looks great. I put some pics up on my blog. Link here.

DeacFlyer1 and Sean Colahan like this.
  16. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've got about 4 hours to kill in CLT on a biz class ticket to DUB for my honeymoon in May. What's the best club to check out?

miles and smiles and Flyer1976 like this.
  17. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Concourse C Club without any doubt...

Sean Colahan likes this.
  18. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    My personal favorite is the C PHL club, but that is because I have so many friends who still work there. I went in back in July after a 4 year absence and the welcome I got brought a tear to my eye. Coming in a close 2nd is CLT C as I still have friends there too.

That said, one of US core strengths throughout the years has been the agents in the clubs. I can tell story after story about many times where these folks have gone over and above the call of duty to take care of people.....something which they can't do any more because their hands have been tied.

When they closed the ROC club a few years back, I personally lobbied management to find a way to keep it open--and actually had lunch with Deborah Thompson on the day it was announced, and she called marketing management and put me on the phone with them.....to no avail--they gave me a story about the real estate in the airport....

Not totally related, but one day about 2 years after I stopped flying US, I got a phone call from Fern Fernandez, asking if I'd be interested in renewing my club membership. When I politely declined he asked me why and I told him I don't fly US any more.....he didn't ask why, just said thanks and hung up....no customer retention interest whatsoever--but that's a conversation for another day.......

It has always been the people I miss the most in US clubs.......unfortunately that will likely continue for the foreseeable future.

Sean Colahan likes this.