Best Travel Credit Card Strategy

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jan 15, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

For the past few years I’ve compiled a monthly list of the best credit card sign up offers for people interested in maximizing and upgrading their travel. I realize it's a bit repetitive for long time readers, especially since I’m constantly updating the Best Offers pages on the blog. I also think the best offers overall might not be the best offers for you, depending on where you are in the hobby. I pick up 2-3 cards every three months or so, so I’m constantly on the look out for the best sign-up bonuses. I earn upwards of 500,000 points each year from credit card sign-ups alone, so taking advantage of the best offers is key for me. For other people though, or those just starting out in the hobby, I think it makes sense to pick up some cards more “linearly”. You still want to go after the best bonuses available, but it’s always hard when people come to me having applied for cards because they heard the bonus was good, but don’t know how to use those points, or don't have enough miles for a single international ticket. So I’m going to try putting together a few “tiers” of offers based on where you are in the game. There are some cards I think everyone should have, and there are some bonuses that really only make sense if you already have the others (and know what you’re doing). The post Best Travel Credit Card Strategy appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...