Best tips for accruing Flying Blue miles?

Discussion in 'Flying Blue | Air France, KLM/Partners' started by flywrite, Nov 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. flywrite

flywrite Active Member

Status Points:
    I'm keen to learn the best ways to accrue Flying Blue miles since KLM are the most convenient carrier at my local airport in the UK. Does anyone have any tips on how you keep the miles coming in without flying?

I've been collecting BMI miles as I have the credit card, but they're not convenient to fly with and who knows what's going to happen following the IAG purchase!

Is the Flying Blue card that's available to UK residents any good?

Thanks
    Matt

2. ixs

ixs

Flying with any SkyTeam carrier is an easy way of getting miles. Unfortunately, if you fly cheap economy, your only getting 25% of the miles you should...

So either you fly FullFlex Economy or Biz or you look for an alternative.

As far as I know, there is no UK card for Flying Blue.
    There's a Dutch and a French card, both have just been degraded massively, and that's about it.

What you can do as a UK citizen is get a Amex and convert the Membership Rewards points into Flying Blue miles... Not really that great but... *shrug*.

A pretty decent Hotel programme to collect FB miles is Club Carlson.

mynameismud likes this.
  3. mynameismud
    Original Member

mynameismud Gold Member

Status Points:
    if you fly KLM or any other ST airlines, you could also have a look to others ST FFP's, maybe one of them would fit
    DL Skymiles is known for being more generous than FB for accrual, but it is also said it's more difficult for redeeming

FB is also good for getting ST Elite + by segments

4. jetsetter
    Original Member

jetsetter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why would anyone want to collect flying blue miles is beyond me. Redeeming tickets will cost you dearly in taxes to the extent that you are better off buying a new ticket, collecting miles is mainly masked at 25% for most economy booking classes, and most importantly flying with some partner airlines will give you a big fat 0 miles credited to your account. Not to mention the completely degraded program as a whole.

5. mynameismud
    Original Member

mynameismud Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not correct if you redeem for a J ticket, especially with their promotion for 50% discount on mileage (eg 25000 miles for OW ticket USA/EUROPE in J)