Best Time to call Marco Polo Club / Asia Miles

Discussion in 'Cathay Pacific | Asia Miles/Marco Polo Club' started by Chris_Li, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Chris_Li
    Original Member

Chris_Li Gold Member

Status Points:
    From time to time we got people asking when's the best time to call the annoying number, 2747 5500 or 2747 3838, especially for non-elite member, here's my personal trick

For English and Cantonese

1234567 0100GMT+8 - 0900GMT+8
    12345-- 1320GMT+8 - 1400GMT+8
    -----67 2300GMT+8 - 2500GMT+8

If you know some other languages, you should try with it for faster response, aka shorter queue (and try the operator for English or Cantonese, say select Mandarin line and then when the operator pick-up, try speak English or Cantonese with them and see if they are OK)

Also Cathay Pacific operates a separate call center in Beijing to handle Mandarin based request, the numbers can be found on CX website and they may have shorter queues

These are personal reference only and others feel free to contribute your experience!

2. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does the MPC number have significantly shorter wait time for non-elite members? Or it's just the same?

3. Chris_Li
    Original Member

Chris_Li Gold Member

Status Points:
    The MPC and Asia Miles are basically the same group of operators. Personally I didn't find the MPC line having a short wait time. (I've never called the service center before being a MPC GR member so I cannot comment if the USD 50 signup fee is worth or not compare with normal AM account)

However, there are times that lines become engaged or being forward to a voice mail system (which is useless in terms of time to reply), then you should try the other line and see if you can get the IVR and start waiting. The reason behind is that American Express together with Cathay Pacific has been giving away MPC GR to everyone signup the cobranded card with massive marketing campaign, which tends to call 2747 5500 instead of 2747 3838

4. Is there any other way to contact them. I'm a regular Asia miles member and just redeem ticket to HK, but so happen that Cathay cancelled that particular flight and confirmed me on the alternative flight. However the reservation system online told me to call local reservations (in which i did, but was told to call Asia Miles). I've called Asia Miles over 100 time, the first few times i got connected and was placed on hold without any responses over 3 hrs + 3 Hrs + 3 hrs. I have also called and left voice mail and also sent emails, but its been 1 weeks and still no form of responds

Would you be able to advise?