Best strategy to start the year?

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by adamhoolhorst, Jan 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. adamhoolhorst

adamhoolhorst Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was hoping I could get some help from all the smart folks here at MP. Here is my situation:
    - Delta GM
    - Homebase is SFO
    - Flying to NY RT and then Tokyo RT for business before the end of Jan

I was planning to switch to United this year, but the current promotions seem to good to pass up. I will route SFO-ORD-JFK-ORD-SFO for the triple SFO-ORD segments and double for the rest, then see if I can get my company to fly me on American metal to Tokyo, most likely in J.

My question: can I do a status match and an elite challenge as well in combination with all of this? I'm digging through the match/challenge thread but I was hoping someone had a simple way of laying this all out to maximize the trips.

Thanks in advance

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    What's your end goal? AA PLT?

Counting your JFK EQM, depending on how you route your NRT flight you could make PLT. If you're not creative or your company won't allow it, you might be better off with the PLT challenge if you're flying paid J.

Reading between the lines a bit: you're wondering if there is a way to combine these various avenues together to reach EXP? Only if you fly enough on the EQM offers to reach 100K EQM. AA doesn't really offer status matching except in limited situations. Challenges count EQP, so it won't assist with your EQM intake via the TEQM/DEQM offers. Also if you get PLT status via a challenge, you don't get a jump start to 50K EQM. Do you'd still need 100K EQM.