Best Star Alliance Lounge at SFO and SYD

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by patricke, May 25, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. patricke

patricke Active Member

Status Points:
    I will be flying SFO to SYD on United BizFirst later this week. Should I go to one of the United lounges, or is one of the Star Alliance lounges better at SFO? Also appreciate suggestions for Star lounges at SYD for the return flight in a few weeks.

2. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    The United Clubs at SFO aren't anything special. They can get crowded and as you probably know, there are few snacks and the complimentary drinks aren't great. The United Global First lounge is much nicer, but to gain access you need to be traveling in International First on a Star Alliance carrier (or UA Global First), or you need to be a Global Services member. Singapore maintains a separate lounge near the United Club in the international terminal, but I believe they discourage or perhaps no longer admit United passengers because their lounge isn't very big. It's not all that great of a lounge, either, though it has a few more food offerings. I believe its hours are oriented toward SQ's departures which are around noon and midnight, so it could be open around the time of the SYD departure.

Newscience and traveltoomuch like this.