Best SPG hotel in DC for Family weekend?

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by ClarkyBoy, Jun 14, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ClarkyBoy
    Original Member

ClarkyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi All,

First time family vacation in DC, with 2 toddlers..

What is the best use of SPG Platinum (and points) if we want to stay close to museums, whitehouse, etc? seem to be a few choices, W, Westin, another Westin :)

Anyone has favorites?

Thanks!

ClarkyBoy

2. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    For family travel and conveniently located, I would choose Four Points DC if you're looking for value (cat 4). Sheraton Crystal City is also a Cat 4 but you'll need to take Metro to get to most things.

I prefer the Westin Georgetown as a Cat 5, although not as good a value. And, obviously like the St. Regis. :)

ClarkyBoy likes this.
  3. VeryGoodPoints

VeryGoodPoints Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't think the W is very kid friendly. Your best choices are the Westin Washington or the 4points Sheraton. The Westin National harbor is much further and probably a hassle with little kids.

ClarkyBoy likes this.
  4. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    For the same price (Cat 5), I prefer Westin Georgetown to Westin Washington. Westin Washington is a bit better located.

ClarkyBoy likes this.
  5. ClarkyBoy
    Original Member

ClarkyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks everyone!

6. ClarkyBoy
    Original Member

ClarkyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Very weird - I ended up booking the W after finding some great rates from my company + points for extra days.
    Trying to send an email to someone in the hotel to ask nicely for an upgrade - I can't find an email, and the "just ask" link sends you to their contact us page with a phone ;)

Oh well....

ClarkyBoy

7. Dreamworks

Dreamworks Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd second the 4Points idea. The room has a fridge and a microwave and it's close to tourist locations, unless you plan on shopping in GTown a lot.