Best Singapore Credit Cards for KF Miles

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by Saracen, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wanted to get a list up with the Singapore credit cards that give best value for KF mileage conversion. Here are a few to start us off:

American Express KrisFlyer Gold Card [link]
    Base earning rate: 1 mile per $1.60 spent (0.625miles/$)
    Bonuses: Double miles for tickets purchased on singaporeair.com, 5000 mile activation bonus, spend $5000 by Dec 2011 and get 50% more miles, spend $12,000 and get another 50%.
    Card fee: $50
    Transfer fee: $60

Citibank PremierMiles Visa [link]
    Base earning rate: 1.2 miles per $1 spent (1.2miles/$) | 2 miles per $1 spent >$4000 monthly (2miles/$)
    Bonuses: 10k miles each time renewal fee paid, 10k miles for > $50k spend in a year.
    Card fee: $180 + free supplementary card
    Transfer fee: $25

DBS Altitude American Express [link]
    Base earning rate: 1.2 miles per $1 spent (1.2miles/$) | 1.6 miles per $1 spent >$1000 monthly (1.6miles/$)
    Bonuses: 10k miles with each renewal (not given if fee waived)
    Card fee: $180 (waived if >$25k spent) + $90 for supplementary card
    Transfer fee: $42.80/yr unlimited transfers

I'll try to add more later.

2. leeivan86
    Original Member

leeivan86 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't forget about the potential large earnings using the EZ-link card in conjunction with the Maybank credit card

3. keepinitsimple
    Original Member

keepinitsimple Silver Member

Status Points:
    You should ask the question - cashback or miles? It all depends on the value you give to KF miles...

I had done an analysis sometime back... If I can find that spreadsheet I will upload it... At the most I will give a value of SG 2 cents/KF mile. Mainly due to difficulty in redeeming C and F saver awards. For economy redemptions, KF miles are only worth SG 1 cent/mile.

4. Can't ignore the annual maintenance and tranxfe fees while figuring the most economical. Citi is aggresively listing it's various cards but need to weigh with the best in market