Best seats in first - houston to spore

Discussion in 'Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer' started by man on the move., Apr 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. man on the move.

man on the move. Silver Member

Status Points:
    My wife and a I are going later next month, the cabin is showing just the two of us right now so I have a free drop. Any rcommendations window or middle, 1 or 2 row?

2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Would you rather sit next to your wife, or look out the window?

No meaningful difference between row 1 and 2.

3. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is actually a meaningful difference between row 1 and row 2.

Row 1 your head will have a smaller section when the seat is in a bed. In row two your feet will have a smaller section. I went with row 1 and wished I'd done row 2. Also I recommend bringing some snacks for that second leg since the catering in Moscow sucks. Enjoy the flight.
    As for window/asile, not sure it matters, but I slept better in the middle (first leg (SIN-DME (I flew TO IAH) had 3/8 so everyone had a bed made up in a separate seat) however i really enjoyed the window since Siberia is just so different, not sure if you have daytime on the way to Singapore but it is pretty cool looking at the mountains and snow, and also all the crazy old russian planes.

sobore likes this.
  4. man on the move.

man on the move. Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks.

Just what I needed on the differences between the seats.

Going for row 2 in the middle out, 2 windows on the way back.

I have done this route lots of times, just in biz. The bulkhead seats were always the best, as there is no cut out at the feet.