Best Seats in Business - 777-200

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by ClarkyBoy, May 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ClarkyBoy
    Original Member

ClarkyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    All,

planning a trip SFO-TLV and found a cool R inventory (finally).
    Any suggestions to recommended seatings? 6"1 so i guess everything will work, but still thought i'd ask for people's favorites :)

Thanks

ClarkyBoy

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seat 8E is the best on the sCO planes (which is what you'll be on).

Bulkheads are MUCH better than not as they have a larger foot well. Seat 8E is on the aisle so no one climbing over you. Also, you are right at the second set of doors which are generally used for getting on and off the plane so faster there. Finally, the lav on the right side of the plane, just in front of the galley there, is the larger one so a bit more room to move around in.

Basically on the sCO planes you always want the bulkhead. After that, if you want a window pick one but for an aisle seat 8E is hard to beat.

Mackieman, ClarkyBoy and FlyingFree like this.
  3. ClarkyBoy
    Original Member

ClarkyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Perfect.

I'll miss my upper floor 15K on the 747's but this sounds like a good choice on a 777.

Thanks!

ClarkyBoy

4. SeaRaptor
    Original Member

SeaRaptor Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm 6'1" as well, and I like 5E for similar reasons that have been outlined. You're right near the big lav, and close to the doors for de-planing. 5E doesn't have the large footwell, but the forward cabin tends to be a little darker on overnight flights. That's why I go for it, anyway. The rear galley does not put up curtains and rows 8 and 9 subsequently have a little light pollution. Just a heads up if that's something that might bother you.

There's no wrong answer really, and you'll likely be happy in either seat. The sCO 772 BF cabins are pretty nice all-around.

5. ClarkyBoy
    Original Member

ClarkyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks!

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I use an eyemask and earplugs no matter where I am on the plane. The larger foot well makes a big difference to me.

desamo and genemk2 like this.
  7. SeaRaptor
    Original Member

SeaRaptor Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I need to invest in a better eyemask and carry my own rather than rely on the ones in the amenity kits.

Wandering Aramean and genemk2 like this.
  8. genemk2

genemk2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    After many years of just reusing the UA ones (I amassed quite the collection on PS flights), I finally bought my own. Much better.

SeaRaptor and Wandering Aramean like this.
  9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I have the mask here and it is completely worth the $10 they charge. Incredibly useful. I buy bulk foam earplugs that are rated to 33 dB and, similarly, find them to be significantly more useful than the stuff the airlines provide.

It is a trivial amount of money to invest for someone who travels a lot and the net impact in terms of improved experience on board is huge.

SeaRaptor likes this.
  10. E170

E170 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The eye mask LAN gave me is great. It's kinda fuzzy and feels much better on the face. I like the 3M two pack ear plugs.