best seat united 747-400 businessfirst

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by stanguy, Jul 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. stanguy

stanguy New Member

Status Points:
    What's the best seat on a united 747-400 in business class.
    I've never used the UD, so I'm interested in one of the seats there.

2. snod08
    Original Member

snod08 Gold Member

Status Points:
    upper deck rear facing seat

Flyer1976 likes this.
  3. sfo1
    Original Member

sfo1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I always pick 17J upper deck, yes it is close to the galley but you are served first and down the stairs and on your way when you reach your airport destination.

snod08 likes this.
  4. HubletUAFlyer

HubletUAFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Could not agree with you more fir the exact reasons stated....plus youre about as far away from the lav as possible without standing in the galley.

Only issue UD is small overhead baggage space but get out what you need and put anything larger in the FA's "locker"

sfo1 likes this.
  5. SFOPeter
    Original Member

SFOPeter Silver Member

Status Points:

The upper deck seats are a couple of inches shorter but the cabin is much more private. I usually go for window row 14. Window seats have side storage and a nice ledge to put stuff on. Note that all the seats are slightly angled when flying because of the angle of the aircraft, so rear facing seats have your head higher than your feet. I prefer forward facing. But it's really not that big a deal, am flying SFO-PEK-PVG-SFO in a couple of weeks and was only able to get a rear facing on the outbound. And of course am on a P fare so can't use an SWU to upgrade to F. Rant! :)

6. gobluetwo
    Original Member

gobluetwo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm a 15K guy, personally. Love the upper deck windows with the storage boxes. A little tricky getting out, but manageable.

Flyer1976 likes this.