Best seat: Economy Comfort, Economy Exit, or Economy w/ power.

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by LarryInNYC, May 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm flying DL 161 MXP -> JFK in June.

I have currently have row 30A (exit row, recommended on Seat Guru) which is standard economy, exit row. There is also availability in rows 19 through 25, also standard economy but with power outlets (at least, according to Seat Guru).

Finally, I can also get either a window seat or a bulkhead, center tier seat (row 15) in economy comfort for $60 (less, I think, some silver medallion discount).

It's a morning flight, so I probably won't be drinking. I will have a computer and may want to work, but it will be a new Ultrabook that should have at least 5 hours of battery life.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the best seat to choose?

2. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    What equipment?

3. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    767-400ER (76D), or so says Seat Guru.

4. autolycus

autolycus Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did MUC-ATL on a 767-400ER just a few weeks ago. We were 17A & B. The EC seats were nice. They did seem to recline a decent amount more than the regular coach. Leg room in the bulkhead EC seats is not as good on the 764 as on some others. Leg room in 17A & B was perfectly adequate for me. I'm 5'9" and have no particularly unusual distribution of height in my legs or torso. :)

I'm not a fan of bulkheads, generally, as I do like to put my personal item in front of me, and I have seen plenty of people have trouble finding overhead space in the first row.

5. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    30ABFG are my favorite seats on that bird. BF for day flights and AG for night flights.

The fee you're quoted for EC is after your elite discount has been applied.

6. cvsara
    Original Member

cvsara Gold Member

Status Points:

Won't be drinking??? Nothing wrong with a Bloody Mary (Or 2) while plunking away at that computer keyboard, or pushing that pen, on those early morning flights. But YMMV :)

7. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/economy-comfort-where-should-i-sit.21096/

There is tons of discussion on FT regarding the 764.

- Row 30 (exit) has the best leg room, hands down. The tray tables and AVOD are in the armrest, making the armrest immovable and the seat is slightly narrower.
    - EC - there is debate over Row 15, which is the bulkhead. The legroom is so so. Rows 16-18 are all pretty similar.

autolycus likes this.