Best Romantic Hilton in Europe for 10 Year Anniversary

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by ClarkyBoy, May 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. ClarkyBoy
    Original Member

ClarkyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi All,

Planning an extended weekend in Europe (we will be close by ;)), for the end of august, and have lots of Hilton points to use for our 10th Anniversary (wow, time flys...). This would also be the first time we can leave small kids with family and go ourselves, something we have not done for 3-4 years.

If you had a choice, which Hilton hotels would you most recommend?

Priorities:
    1. Pampering Hotel / Spa / Places you don't typically stay in on "simple vacations"
    2. Romantic/Romantic/Romantic
    3. Pool/Beach
    4. Located in a fun City/Resort on the beach - not sure which type yet, so both offers would be great.

Would be great to get both Resorts and City Hotels - not sure which type of trip this would be yet.

Posted this on the SPG forum as well, as i have points in both programs - hope this is considered double posting ;)

Thanks!

ClarkyBoy

2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not on a beach, but Dubrovnik is certainly very romantic and has a great Hilton.

Alternatively- you could stay at the Hilton Stucky Venezia and take the vaporetto to Lido if you really wanted a beach.

uggboy likes this.
  3. ClarkyBoy
    Original Member

ClarkyBoy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the ideas!

4. sdcarver
    Original Member

sdcarver Silver Member

Status Points:
    2nd the idea for Hilton Molino Stuck Venice and will add WA Cavalieri (I know people either love it or hate it--I personally had a great experience there which included Imperial Floor room and Lounge.

sdcarver

5. chitownflyer
    Original Member

chitownflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Don't forget the Hilton Arc de Triomphe in Paris. Venezia is supposed to be great for couples.

TRAVELSIG likes this.
  6. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Venezia is great for couples. The Hilton also has a fantastic rooftop pool with views over the city, and an excellent (third party) spa.

7. luv2travel

luv2travel Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would consider the Rome Cavalieri too. The hotel sits above the city with breathtaking views. With a free shuttle into the city, it is perfect to see all the sites and have a romantic getaway in a city full of adventure and culture. Their pool and spa area are great as well. I took the train from Rome to Florence and Venice with no problems. I would recommend anywhere in Italy.