Best Restaurants at Hyatts

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Zomby Woof, Mar 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Zomby Woof

Zomby Woof Silver Member

Status Points:
    In my experience, restaurants at Hyatts are mediocre at best. There are only two that I would consider dining at when not staying at the property. One is NoMI at the Park Hyatt Chicago the other (can't recall the name) was in the Park Hyatt San Francisco back when there was a Park Hyatt in SF.

Are there others where you would consider dining when not stay at the property?

uggboy and gleff like this.
  2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    China House at the Grand Hyatt Mumbai is one of the best Chinese restaurants I've ever eaten at.

While New York Grill gets the accolades at the Park Hyatt Tokyo, their Japanese restaurant Kozue I thought was really excellent.

Pur at the Park Hyatt Paris has a Michelin star.

The Hyatt at Olive 8 in Seattle offers a fantastic restaurant breakfast (I've not eaten other meals at Urbane, though I've been there for drinks).

There are your median US Hyatt Regency restaurants.. the kind you might find at an airport property like the Hyatt Regency DFW or the Hyatt Crystal City... where the offerings are fairly mediocre.

But there are also Hyatts that do food quite well. Park Hyatt Vendome in Paris was one of the best breakfasts of my life! And of course my love of the lemon poppyseed pancakes at the Andaz 5th Avenue is well known....

The Blue Duck Tavern at the Park Hyatt DC is actually one of my favorite restaurants in the city, it certainly has the most attractive restaurant space (I wish the wine list weren't quite so marked up, but what can you do...)

3. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ask about the corkage policy?

4. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Definitely SonZ at the Maui Hyatt.

uggboy likes this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Girandole at the Park Hyatt Tokyo, Aria at the Hyatt Regency in Birmingham, England, UK and Cupola at the Park Hyatt Milan. Fabulous. :)

6. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    Although I disagree with the general consensus of the apple pie here, I have to agree with BDT being on the list. I thought the food here was pretty amazing for breakfast, to the point I'd actually pay the $75 or so it was for breakfast for two even if it weren't included.

You can read more about my thoughts on BDT here.

7. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had a very good experience at STAX in the Hyatt Regency Mumbai. Enjoyed the bread and the pasta greatly. Not sure if I enjoyed it just because it wasn't typical Inidan food or because it actually tasted good, but if I'm ever in BOM for a night again I'll eat there once more.

Tenmoc likes this.
  8. peteropny
    Original Member

peteropny Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    The restaurant name at the former PH San Francisco was the Park Grill.

Tenmoc likes this.