Best Restaurant Near/On Airport

Discussion in 'DTW | Detroit Metro Airport' started by skyvan, Jan 26, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    My flight arrives around 7:30 and my buddy won't be by to pick me up until around 11:00pm. Unfortunately since I'm not actually flying DL I won't have any lounge access. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for restaurants either in the airport or at the hotels surrounding the airport.

I looked at DEMA but it looks a little steep price wise. All suggestions are appreciated, especially hotels near the airport since that way I can stay in the comfy lobby until my friend is able to pick me up.

sobore and Kalboz like this.
  2. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The hotel is easy -- the Westin is right on-airport. They even have their own security entrance right to the gates. There's food there too.

On-airport food is trickier. I wouldn't label anything fine dining that I can recall. There's Sora, serving somewhat decent sushi and Japanese food and drink. Not exactly elegant but it's popular and decent for an airport, IMO.

sobore, Kalboz and skyvan like this.
  3. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks...I was going to just go there but their restaurant is insanely expensive (I've seen people saying it is $100 bucks for one person with booze).

Trying to see if there might be another hotel that has a half decent restaurant. If I can't find it I guess i'll check Sora though, though the day after I do have a day in Tokyo :D

Kalboz likes this.
  4. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's perfect! This way you can write back and tell us how Sora compares.;)

Kalboz likes this.
  5. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe...but by then I'll have had four meals in LH F and a meal at LH FCT so I'll have long forgotten about any meals in Detroit.

Kalboz likes this.
  6. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Detroit has a huge Middle Eastern population and there are a number of places near the restaurant serving Middle Eastern food. IIRC there is a place just north of the DTW Crown Plaza and a couple to the east of DTW.

sobore likes this.
  7. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the suggestion...I know you're a foodie so I'm going to trust your judgement on this and Yelp it for a middle eastern place.
    Since I don't eat pork Middle Eastern restaurants are great for me, I usually can eat anything on the menu since Halal doesn't allow for pork either.

Based on your recommendation of checking out a middle eastern restaurant I'm gonna head to Beirut Restaurant (http://www.yelp.com/biz/beirut-restaurant-romulus) then head back to the Westin to wait for my friend while I grab a drink or two.

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Sweet Willie likes this.